Trash talk or poor sportsmanship?

First of all, it's not in this thread. And there's no audio, and the clip starts at the very end of whatever she was saying. It could have been "yo," could have been any number of things she said. So no, unless you have a clip with audio or someone standing right there who says she called her a hoe, you don't know at all what was said. It could have just as easily been, "Can you see me now?" with just the bolded visible in the clip. But I don't know what was said, and neither do you.

Again, based off the same evidence you used, you would tilt like a pinball machine if someone accused Clark of doing that.
Sure she said yo. Taking everything into account that has to be it. What was I thinking.

My apologizes look at the Molly assault thread...it's in there.
I did look. Again, no audio and you catch just barely the last half second of what she was saying. I'm not saying she's an angel, quite the contrary, but you're saying something as fact when it's not. And you conveniently haven't responded to what I said about how if someone accused Clark of the same thing form the same video clip you'd blow a gasket.

Look at what I said in post #18. It could have been anything she said.

Your confirmation bias is pretty heavy here, which is understandable for a homer fan in any fan base, I guess.

If you can't see it and put everything else together in what she did during the game and after the game....I don't know what to tell you. Also look at this girl's background. She called her a
Hoe among hitting a player...and pretty much excusing her behavior because of her color in her press conference. And Mulkey roots it on. Pure garbage. I'm proud our players and coaches took the high road.
You think she called her that. Which is your opinion. You have zero clue what was said.

Again, and I'm not going to drop this...you wouldn't in a million years accept it if someone accused Clark based off that clip.

You think she called her that. Which is your opinion. You have zero clue what was said.

Again, and I'm not going to drop this...you wouldn't in a million years accept it if someone accused Clark based off that clip.
Yes I think and know she called her that. I'm not stupid.

Delete that unless you have a sound bite or statement from someone who was right there on the floor saying she used the word "hoe." Watch the Bad Lip Reading youtube channel and then you'll see how you can make literally anything out of reading lips.

I'm not kidding. If someone made an unsubstantiated claim about Clark calling a player a hoe going on lip reading only you'd explode in fit of rage. Get rid of it.

I love those videos.

I'm sure theft and holds ups at banks,etc on tape with no audio....the bank robbers were saying bake me a cake and I love what you have done with the place

100% this. Celebrate with your team and have fun be excited but not towards the other team. I never understand that. That is the problem I had with Reese. Instead of celebrating with her team she is still shit talking. Talk about living rent free in someones head. You just won the Natty and you are still worried about Caitlyn. LOL

No reason to worry about the other team. Because what goes around does come around at some point. Im not a fan of act like you have been there but at some point you need too.

Meh, what goes around comes around. As an Iowa fan, you kind of had to know that was going to get thrown back in Clark's face. Was anybody really surprised? More than anybody, I am sure Clark expected it.

https://www.theblaze.com/fearless/o...iger-woods-while-angel-reese-is-fuzzy-zoeller

Im not typically a Jason Whitlock fan but this article is pretty solid. Not that it matters but if you dont know JW is black man and not afraid to share his opinons. Its a free article so I copied and pasted it below.

The basketball establishment is reacting to Caitlin Clark much the same way the golf establishment reacted to Tiger Woods 25 years ago.

Most of the establishment is overjoyed. They see the opportunity, attention, and cash the Iowa basketball star can bring to the women’s game. And then there’s the contingent of bigots, the people fearful that Clark’s ascension will diminish them.

South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley and LSU center Angel Reese are the leaders of the latter group. They’re Fuzzy Zoeller. Tiger Woods triggered Zoeller.

You remember Fuzzy? He won the 1979 Masters and the 1984 U.S. Open. More than those victories, Zoeller is remembered for the racist and mean-spirited comments he made toward Tiger Woods during the final round of the 1997 Masters.

“He’s doing quite well, pretty impressive,” Zoeller told reporters. “That little boy is driving well, and he’s putting well. He’s doing everything it takes to win. So, you know what you guys do when he gets in here? You pat him on the back and say, ‘Congratulations and enjoy it,’ and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. Got it.”

Zoeller snapped his fingers and turned away from reporters. He then turned back to say, “Or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve.”

Caitlin Clark, a white basketball star dominating a black sport, triggered Staley and Reese.

Clark’s Hawkeyes upset Staley’s No.1-ranked South Carolina team Friday night in the semifinals of the Final Four. Following the game, Staley deflected attention away from her coaching errors and Clark’s magnificent performance by complaining that unnamed reporters called South Carolina players thugs and monkeys. Staley framed Iowa coach Lisa Bluder’s harmless comment about a rebounding “bar fight” as racist.

Staley invented a racial narrative out of thin air. Corporate media sold Staley’s lies and gossip.

A white reporter egged Staley on, suggesting that the unsubstantiated criticism of Staley’s players was “dangerous.”

LSU players picked up where Staley stopped. The Tigers claimed they were disrespected and upset about the way Iowa defended South Carolina. I’m not joking. The fact that Iowa sagged off South Carolina along the perimeter disrespected LSU.

That was offered as part of the justification for Reese stalking and taunting Clark at the conclusion of LSU’s victory in Sunday’s championship game. Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy and political pundit Keith Olbermann responded to Reese’s classless taunting by topping Reese’s lack of class. Via Twitter, Portnoy called Reese a piece of [poop] and Olbermann called Reese “a f*****g idiot.”

Portnoy's and Olbermann’s tweets justified ESPN’s Jalen Rose connecting the criticism of Reese to Staley’s postgame whining.

“How Angel Reese is being vilified by many highlights exactly what Dawn Staley was talking about,” Rose tweeted.

No. It highlights the stupidity and lack of emotional control of Portnoy and Olbermann. It highlights how social media has ruined public discourse and baits people into dismissing common sense and restraint.

If Twitter had existed in 1997, I’m sure I would have called Fuzzy Zoeller a piece of poop or a f*****g idiot. Luckily, I had editors and I wrote a rational column explaining the obvious animus, jealousy, and bigotry motivating Zoeller’s comments.

Most people in mainstream media rebuked Zoeller in 1997. That’s not the case with Angel Reese in 2023. Most of the corporate media are afraid to criticize Reese. She’s black. Everyone fears the race card.

ESPN’s Ryan Clark pre-emptively played the card via Twitter.

“If you praised Caitlin Clark as competitive, fiery, and passionate for doing the ‘You can’t See me’ celebration and are criticizing Angel Reese for the same we already know!!”

What do we actually know?

We know that Caitlin Clark briefly waved her hand in front of her face in the Elite Eight game against Louisville. The gesture wasn’t directed at any particular player. Clark claims it was directed at an Iowa assistant coach. We know that Clark plays with a bravado, a style, and an air of cockiness that mirrors Golden State Warriors guard Steph Curry. Clark is a bit of a hot dog. We know that. Hot dogs are annoying, not classless.

I’m not really a fan of either. But one is worse than the other. What Reese did was classless.

Reese reminds me of college football stars Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfield. The two Heisman Trophy winners were widely criticized for their on-field antics. No one called the criticism racist because Manziel and Mayfield are white. In America, it’s appropriate to criticize the poor behavior of white people. We rationalize and sometimes even celebrate the poor behavior of black people.

We rationalize and celebrate the behavior we desire and expect. We want black girls to handle success in a classless manner. We want young black people to prioritize their skin color above all else. Following Sunday’s game, Angel Reese bragged about being ghetto and ‘hood and inspiring other black girls to do the same.

“I’m too ‘hood, I’m too ghetto,” she explained. “Y’all told me that all year. But when other people do it, y’all don’t say nothing. So this is for the girls that look like me.”

Reese sounds as misinformed and bigoted as Fuzzy Zoeller. The game of basketball is dominated by black athletes. There’s no shortage of basketball role models for black kids. There’s a glut.

What basketball lacks is a homegrown white American star who plays with flare and style. Basketball needs a Tiger Woods. Dawn Staley and Angel Reese would rather see the game forgo the growth Clark can deliver than see the spotlight on a white star.

We’ve seen all of this before. It will be interesting to see if the bigots break Caitlin Clark.
Very, very well said article. Great find!

Latest posts