Trash talk or poor sportsmanship?

How long are you guys gonna whine about something that Bluder and Clark have long gotten over? Hawks got beat, LSU players and coaches are assholes, and both can be true at the same time. Buncha retirement age dudes who don't know any of the 20 year-old involved parties making mountains out of mole hills.
espn headliner yesterday was Clarks response to the Reese behavior... it aint just us.

It will fizzle out soon.

Most of us who are still here have thousands of posts probably. I doubt any of us have to think something is a big deal to talk about it. I think someone being that bad at sportsmanship is mildly annoying at most. It's still interesting to debate the difference between between sportsmanship and gamesmanship.

How long are you guys gonna whine about something that Bluder and Clark have long gotten over? Hawks got beat, LSU players and coaches are assholes, and both can be true at the same time. Buncha retirement age dudes who don't know any of the 20 year-old involved parties making mountains out of mole hills.
Caitlin deserves credit for a lot more than "getting over it". Her ability to be the adult in the room after the Georgia game, the pre championship game quotes from the LSU players, and the end of the LSU game itself, was nothing short of remarkable. Few modern athletes would have shown that level of restraint, especially athletes of her caliber.

Any anger or resentment that she might have felt, she channeled it into focusing on her game and playing that much better.

Caitlin deserves credit for a lot more than "getting over it". Her ability to be the adult in the room after the Georgia game, the pre championship game quotes from the LSU players, and the end of the LSU game itself, was nothing short of remarkable. Few modern athletes would have shown that level of restraint, especially athletes of her caliber.

Any anger or resentment that she might have felt, she channeled it into focusing on her game and playing that much better.

Yet, she is getting dragged on certain corners of the internet, essentially getting blamed for the poor sportsmanship being showed by a vocal minority of Iowa fans online. The whole thing is largely a media-fueled argument intended to inflame fanbases and drive engagement. But Joe Schmoe spouting off on the internet doesn't have to face any of the consequences, whereas Clark has to keep answering these stupid questions.

Case in point: it couldn't have been a coincidence that this video was clipped in such a way to make it look like Reese was calling Clark a hoe. Had the full video been shown from the jump, not nearly as much outrage would have been generated:

Yet, she is getting dragged on certain corners of the internet, essentially getting blamed for the poor sportsmanship being showed by a vocal minority of Iowa fans online. The whole thing is largely a media-fueled argument intended to inflame fanbases and drive engagement. But Joe Schmoe spouting off on the internet doesn't have to face any of the consequences, whereas Clark has to keep answering these stupid questions.

Case in point: it couldn't have been a coincidence that this video was clipped in such a way to make it look like Reese was calling Clark a hoe. Had the full video been shown from the jump, not nearly as much outrage would have been generated:

Reese out there honestly just giving more drama.

heard a clip of her saying they refused jill bidden visit before the game because joe didn't have them going anywhere in his bracket.

I really don't care.... but reese is a tire fire.

Last edited:
I saw a clickbait article earlier today talking about how Reese's is now crushing Clark on Instagram because she's gotten more followers than Clark over the last few days.

Iowa and Clark have handled this like the professionals they are moved on and are looking towards next season.

The sports media and Reese understand that if they drop it then it'll all be forgotten about in a few days to a week. Reese needs this to stay in the spotlight as much as possible so that she can continue to grow her brand and media sites love the clickbait to increase their online advertising revenue.

I'm going to say this One. Last. Time. Because some people are still slow in understanding.

There is no comparison-NONE-between what Caitlin did and what Angel did.

Does Caitlin trash talk a lot? Absolutely. Too much? Maybe for some (not me) because there is growing sentiment that it is actually healthy for the game.

Did Caitlin have the John Cena gesture coming to her? Absolutely, and she has handled it like she knows she had it coming and has handled it as such.

Here is where it differs. Big time. Angel couldn't even be bothered with celebrating with her teammates as the final seconds ticked off. No, no it was more important for her to follow Clark THREE TIMES around the court doing a combination of the gesture and rhe ring gesture. Its as if showing up Clark was more important to her than winning the title.

And just my opinion, you will never convince me that she wasn't looking for the slightest provacation for Clark to escalate it to something bigger. I think a simple glance from Caitlin would been enough. Thank God Caitlin didn't glance.

Again just my opinion. But to say that what Reese did and what Clark did were equivocal is not accurate. We won't even talk about the media, or social media. What Reese did, and how she acted, were about ten rungs above anything Clark did or said.

I'm going to say this One. Last. Time. Because some people are still slow in understanding.

There is no comparison-NONE-between what Caitlin did and what Angel did.

Does Caitlin trash talk a lot? Absolutely. Too much? Maybe for some (not me) because there is growing sentiment that it is actually healthy for the game.

Did Caitlin have the John Cena gesture coming to her? Absolutely, and she has handled it like she knows she had it coming and has handled it as such.

Here is where it differs. Big time. Angel couldn't even be bothered with celebrating with her teammates as the final seconds ticked off. No, no it was more important for her to follow Clark THREE TIMES around the court doing a combination of the gesture and rhe ring gesture. Its as if showing up Clark was more important to her than winning the title.

And just my opinion, you will never convince me that she wasn't looking for the slightest provacation for Clark to escalate it to something bigger. I think a simple glance from Caitlin would been enough. Thank God Caitlin didn't glance.

Again just my opinion. But to say that what Reese did and what Clark did were equivocal is not accurate. We won't even talk about the media, or social media. What Reese did, and how she acted, were about ten rungs above anything Clark did or said.
Yup

Latest posts