Trash talk or poor sportsmanship?

I am finally over the Game

The referees simply gave the game to LSU, that is the Story of the Game, Period

Angel Reese was certainly over the top, but her team had just won the
Women's National Championship and that was her way of celebrating

A bit Too Much and Over the Top and certainly not within the bounds of common decency and fair play

But hats off to the LSU team and coach, and Angel, no matter how irritated one might be, they are
the Champs

Actually, I wouldn't mind having Angel on the Hawks with a more reasonable attitude

We need to start recruiting similar players to be competitive

Somehow the Victory over the Gamecocks has been overlooked

That was a historic moment and the Hawks played the game of their lives

Perhaps it took away a bit of energy with the quick turnaround after a late night
game

That was a game that defied belief, and will never be forgotten

Last edited:

These are somewhat crazy times

There is a lot of dissatisfaction and anxiety throughout the USA

And everyone needs to calm down, the media certainly doesn't help

In actuality, we are all Americans, whose Fathers and Grandfathers fought and died
to preserve our democracy for all in WWII

We have to learn how to get along with each other leaving attitudes and affiliation on the
back burner

Keep things to ourselves and vote accordingly

Gonna be all Good, Lads

I have never experienced the thrills provided by the Hawks this season, they have elevated
the Women's game to heights never reached before and never dreamed possible

Last edited:
Coach Staley's attempts to slant Bluder's comments about barroom mentality rebounding or whatever she said weren't speculation.

The LSU players standing up for their "sisters" at SC and trying to slant a tactical basketball strategy into the disrespect card wasn't speculation.

Angel's comments, and double downs about her "people" and her upbringing weren't speculation.

The player getting cold cocked in the handshake line in the Memphis State NIT game wasn't speculation.

The antics of the two Georgia players (another SEC team) at the end of their second round game at Carver weren't speculation.

All the above events were real. Had Iowa won anything Clark said, or didn't say, would have been construed as disrespect. And who knows what could have happened. It wouldn't have taken much to set rhe LSU players or even coach off.

Don't kid yourself. Google OSU-Minnesota 1972 brawl sometime and read up on the motivation for it. A lot of the elements may have been there again had Iowa won Sunday

C'mon, man. So are you saying if LSU loses that game there would have been a good chance of a brawl? GTFOH, with that eye rolling nonsense. Now you are doing what you are accusing Staley of doing....cherry picking comments and taking them out of context.

C'mon, man. So are you saying if LSU loses that game there would have been a good chance of a brawl? GTFOH, with that eye rolling nonsense. Now you are doing what you are accusing Staley of doing....cherry picking comments and taking them out of context.
With the way LSU was acting though.....I would not put it passed them. I put a 90% chance Angel would have thrown a punch at Caitlin if she turned around and went to confront her about the ring thing. Caitlin did the smart thing to walk away.

With the way LSU was acting though.....I would not put it passed them. I put a 90% chance Angel would have thrown a punch at Caitlin if she turned around and went to confront her about the ring thing. Caitlin did the smart thing to walk away.

Caitlin and her teammates were calm, cool, and collected

And Totally Classy, unlike the entire LSU women's basketball posse

Nothing I mentioned was taken out of context.

Everything I mentioned actually happened.

Did you or did you not see the end of the Georgia game? That would have been ratcheted up fifteen notches had LSU lost Sunday. I feel a brawl would have have been not only possible, but likely.

CC and Angel Reese have it right. The f*cking "grownups" are the ones losing their minds over this shit. There wouldn't have been a brawl if LSU lost that game. If you want to buy into the " angry black women" stereotype then knock yourself out.

CC and Angel Reese have it right. The f*cking "grownups" are the ones losing their minds over this shit. There wouldn't have been a brawl if LSU lost that game. If you want to buy into the " angry black women" stereotype then knock yourself out.
What stereotype? Her quotes, the bird while on her phone, her attack on Davis near mid court. Following Clark three different times when Clark kept trying to walk away. That stuff wasn't stereotype, it was real. She was ready to drop the gloves at the slightest provacation.

She was an angry woman period, black, white, red, or green. Sorry but I will die on this hill

Last edited:
From The Athlete:

Women’s basketball deserves better
Nicole Auerbach: For some, the lasting image of the 2023 women’s basketball national championship game will be Kim Mulkey’s tears of joy or Angel Reese taunting Clark in the final seconds. For me, it’s the absurdity of the technical foul levied against Clark for casually flipping a basketball behind her back. The foul, Clark’s fourth, put the most exciting player in the sport on the bench with 63 seconds left in the third quarter. LSU thoroughly outplayed Iowa on Sunday, but that’s not what everyone was buzzing about afterward.

Not only Hawk fans were outraged by the obvious partisanship of the referees

Absolutely as far from Fair play as possible, especially A National Championship Game

For many of us, Hawkeye and College Basketball fans this game will always be:

A Women's National Championship Game With an ASTERISK

YARN | There is a huge asterisk next to that statement. | The Vampire  Diaries (2009) - S02E03 Horror | Video clips by quotes | 929d7603 | 紗

One would think the OVERTLY BIASED zebras would be looking for a new profession

And NEVER work another tournament game EVER

That possibility exists and could very likely have happened

Or perhaps someone, like her coach would get her under control and not take the allure
of winning a National Championship away and become FOREVER STAINED

Last edited:
Nothing I mentioned was taken out of context.

Everything I mentioned actually happened.

Did you or did you not see the end of the Georgia game? That would have been ratcheted up fifteen notches had LSU lost Sunday. I feel a brawl would have have been not only possible, but likely.

Don't know what to tell you, man. Go ahead and buy into that if you want.

1680655649985.png

DALLAS — As the crowd roared with displeasure, Caitlin Clark’s jaw dropped. Mouth agape, she looked stunned as she walked toward the Iowa bench. She held her palms up as if to ask: What did I do?

For some, the lasting image of the 2023 women’s basketball national championship game will be Kim Mulkey’s tears of joy or Angel Reese taunting Clark in the final seconds. For me, it’s the absurdity of the technical foul levied against Clark for casually flipping a basketball behind her back. The foul, Clark’s fourth, put the most exciting player in the sport on the bench with 63 seconds left in the third quarter. LSU thoroughly outplayed Iowa on Sunday, but that’s not what everyone was buzzing about afterward.

There were 37 fouls called in 40 minutes of play on Sunday, split evenly between the teams. Both LSU and Iowa endured ticky-tack calls that forced their best players to ride the bench in the biggest game of their lives. Reese missed the entire second quarter due to a couple of early foul calls. Clark picked up two early, too — called for push-offs, not even on the defensive end of the floor. “I thought they called it very, very tight,” she said afterward. “Obviously, foul trouble is not really what you want in a national championship game.”

Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder went even further, saying that she was most frustrated because the officials weren’t even listening to her on the court. Three of her five starters began the fourth quarter on the bench. Her counterpart at LSU, Kim Mulkey, seemingly had much more success working the refs; she was never T’d up despite walking onto the court many times and even making physical contact with an official.

Kim Mulkey made contact with an official and nothing happened! https://t.co/gSmyOQxNlU

The players did not deserve such a poorly and inconsistently officiated game. The coaches didn’t, either. And the sellout crowd and record-setting number of fans tuning in to watch Clark and Reese (9.9 million, ESPN said in a release Monday) did not pay for those tickets or turn on their television sets to see stoppage after stoppage and hear the screeching of the whistle.

“From a fan standpoint, there was enormous disappointment with how the game was officiated because the best players were not playing,” said John Adams, former NCAA national coordinator of men’s basketball officiating. “Having that level of officiating in that type of game, I think, really hurt the meteoric rise of women’s basketball. There is not perfect officiating anywhere ever, but, man, that was awful.”

“Here’s the T on Caitlin Clark… I mean… you have GOT to be kidding me.” – @RyanRuocco

“No player in this game should get a technical foul for that.” – @RebeccaLobo pic.twitter.com/qQuJD6bUTz

All the above from The Athlete

And This:

"I don't think Angel should be criticized at all." Caitlin Clark said she thought Angel Reese received too much backlash for her celebrations during the championship game. (via
@OTLonESPN

All of the above from The Athlete

Just looking at her observable behavior....not her skin color....although...by her own admissions....she claimed she is ghetto.

if you been paying attention that much.... Reese pretty much stiring the shit about everything...

doing the opposite of what clark would do.

She like was bragging that she got 1 million instagram followers and starting beef with Jill Biden.

I think jill biden just wanted to meet clark.. i mean duh...of course she would

Reese knew that and pissed her off even more.

Not defending jill bidens senile pattern.

But Reese is drama through and through.. and has shit to do with her race.

Anyone can be drama.

How long are you guys gonna whine about something that Bluder and Clark have long gotten over? Hawks got beat, LSU players and coaches are assholes, and both can be true at the same time. Buncha retirement age dudes who don't know any of the 20 year-old involved parties making mountains out of mole hills.

How long are you guys gonna whine about something that Bluder and Clark have long gotten over? Hawks got beat, LSU players and coaches are assholes, and both can be true at the same time. Buncha retirement age dudes who don't know any of the 20 year-old involved parties making mountains out of mole hills.
It's the slowest time of year for Iowa sports on an Iowa message board. What the hell else is there to talk about?

Yup

Latest posts