Transfers

JRD90

With this year being a free year of eligibility for all players, I wonder if this winter will see a large number of transfers across all of college football.

For example the seniors who are not expected to be early round draft picks, could they be tempted to transfer somewhere else for this extra year of eligibility? Would Brandon Smith, ISM, etc. transfer closer to home to play 1 more year vs staying at Iowa for a 5th season. Maybe they think they could put up bigger numbers in a more fast paced offense?

Flip side, could Iowa benefit by gaining some incoming transfers. If you were a OL, TE or DB and had 1 more year of eligibility, Iowa might be a place to come to try to help your Pro potential.

I read somewhere (couldn't find a link) that the extra year only applies at your current school.

After watching Clemson's o-line, if I were Ferentz I would order a block on all telephone calls from South Carolina to Iowa if this wasn't the rule. Dabo would have all those guys on the line. "You wanna try to win a title?" Eff that noise.

Latest posts