Transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. On OUR team Tucker is being asked to do things that are outside of his skill sets. On other teams he will be utilized to highlight his strengths and limit his weaknesses.

And how in the hell do we know that Fuller is a disappointment as the kid never gets in a game (see David Palmer)

Exactly, regarding Tucker. He should not be playing PG. If he had a good, quick PG who could penetrate and dish out to him Tucker would be raining in open 3's. Same for Gatens - if he was surrounded by better players (including a driving PG) he would do much better.

As for Gaten's transferring - if things don't get any better while he's here I'll truly feel sorry for him (I already do). The poor kid grew up watching successful Hawk teams and wanting to be a Hawk himself, and he's just unlucky to get here during the current state of affairs. I wouldn't blame him at all for transfering. Who recruited him? I could see him doing really well at MSU or Duke right now.

Exactly, regarding Tucker. He should not be playing PG. If he had a good, quick PG who could penetrate and dish out to him Tucker would be raining in open 3's. Same for Gatens - if he was surrounded by better players (including a driving PG) he would do much better.

As for Gaten's transferring - if things don't get any better while he's here I'll truly feel sorry for him (I already do). The poor kid grew up watching successful Hawk teams and wanting to be a Hawk himself, and he's just unlucky to get here during the current state of affairs. I wouldn't blame him at all for transfering. Who recruited him? I could see him doing really well at MSU or Duke right now.

Gatens would never see the floor at Duke or MSU. Gatens is our best player right now and probably would not start on half of the Big 10 teams.

Had Gatens joined Wiscy or Mich St as a true freshman he would have a chance to have a real solid career. It is difficult to see players' potential when you watch them playing in this system...but we've got a couple of players who don't suck. Gatens and Tucker are good players - and if he were playing for Tom Izzo or Tubby Smith Jerrad Cole would have a shot at All Big Ten. Aaron Fuller would also be a solid Big Ten player in other systems.

Had Gatens joined Wiscy or Mich St as a true freshman he would have a chance to have a real solid career. It is difficult to see players' potential when you watch them playing in this system...but we've got a couple of players who don't suck. Gatens and Tucker are good players - and if he were playing for Tom Izzo or Tubby Smith Jerrad Cole would have a shot at All Big Ten. Aaron Fuller would also be a solid Big Ten player in other systems.

Fuller is underachieving and I think it's because his confidence has been shaken. He just doesn't seem to fit in when he's on the floor. He needs to get his confidence back and I think he could be a real nice player for us.

I think it is great you guys lock one transfer thread so that another one can pick up another 4,000 clicks for you. Other than it is good for business why don't you delete crap like this that is clearly unfounded? Great business model and I'm sure they love this in Iowa City.

All these rumors remind me of the years that Horner and Brunner both transferred; oh, they never did, did they?

I think it is great you guys lock one transfer thread so that another one can pick up another 4,000 clicks for you. Other than it is good for business why don't you delete crap like this that is clearly unfounded? Great business model and I'm sure they love this in Iowa City.

You get what you pay for huh Nims?

Lickliter and some of the players have specifically and flatly denied these rumors today. This thread should come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts