transfer porthole or lack of

81-goA57uVL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Iowa offered Stanford transfer RB Nathaniel Peat. He committed to Missouri the other day.

Cornell OL Hunter Nourzad will be in for a visit at the end of the month.

That's all I got.
What's your take on Nourzad? Could he get early PT if he becomes a Hawk?

Nourzad is a big boy and we could use some beef upfront IMHO. Love the idea of some more depth on the OL.

Iowa is not a free agent school. Not the way KF builds his lineups. That said, I would have liked to see a little more action. 3-4 kids to backfill the early NFL entrants. A 10-win program that is a pipeline to the NFL should have been able to grab a couple upperclassmen who outkicked their coverage at their current school and want a better platform.

Iowa is currently the only team in the Big Ten without getting at least 1 transfer commit…

The hawk roster is still relatively young. After the next season I do not think there will be any players with extra years because of Covid so there will be more players running out of eligibility than this year. Kirk and the coaches also seem to be using true and redshirt freshman in games if they have the build and skills.

The new 4 game play limit to not lose your redshirt also lets the really young players get some experience early to show their stuff.

Nourzad is a big boy and we could use some beef upfront IMHO. Love the idea of some more depth on the OL.

Iowa is not a free agent school. Not the way KF builds his lineups. That said, I would have liked to see a little more action. 3-4 kids to backfill the early NFL entrants. A 10-win program that is a pipeline to the NFL should have been able to grab a couple upperclassmen who outkicked their coverage at their current school and want a better platform.

Did Nourzad ever play center at Cornell?

Did Nourzad ever play center at Cornell?

I will do a first and reply to my own post!!! I found the below info saying Nourzad played center in practice for what it is worth and that he wants to play interior line. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

Auburn is alongside Iowa, Virginia Tech, Illinois and Penn State.

Nourzad played both tackle spots and started the final 20 games of his Cornell career. He also played center in practice and he plans to play on the interior at his final stop. He was a Second-Team All-Ivy League selection as a sophomore in 2019 and did not play in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. He’ll graduate from Cornell in May with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and have two years of eligibility remaining. He was also an Academic All-Ivy League selection in 2021, according to 247Sports.

Iowa offered Stanford transfer RB Nathaniel Peat. He committed to Missouri the other day.

Cornell OL Hunter Nourzad will be in for a visit at the end of the month.

That's all I got.
I have no idea why Mizzou recruits so well. It boggles the mind. Zero on-field production.

I have no idea why Mizzou recruits so well. It boggles the mind. Zero on-field production.

They have 2 large population centers near them plus Columbia area. Much larger than Iowa and ISU has to pull from. Maybe their academic standards are not as high for initial enrollment? Do they have an old Baylor/Nebraska type culture of letting players get away with stuff? But you are correct Mizzou has not been relevant since Dan Devine left for the Packers nearly 50 years ago.

Maybe a better question is why doesnt Iowa get more recruits out of Missouri?

Iowa REALLY needs a rush DE for next season, to replace VanValkenburg. Evans and the other DE are OK rushers, but not similar to Eppy's talent level, which is what the Hawks need to take this defense to a truly elite level.

Iowa REALLY needs a rush DE for next season, to replace VanValkenburg. Evans and the other DE are OK rushers, but not similar to Eppy's talent level, which is what the Hawks need to take this defense to a truly elite level.
Aaron Graves? Top 100 recruit.