Transfer out

If you look at some of his high-school track & field results, he ran the 100m in similar times to MVB or Max Cooper. Its just that he did that while being 6' 7", or however tall he is. I think the football ship has probably sailed (at Iowa, anyhow), but it is an interesting "what if?"

Yup, totally agree. I would liken him to Noah Fant. Similar builds, but can he catch and most importantly, block? :)

His future could have been brighter on the gridiron, but it's his life and body. Maybe he didn't want to worry about potential CTE issues.

I doubt we will see any transfers, but it wouldn't shock me if Ellingson decided to step away from basketball.

Nunge may think about it, just out of frustration during his adjustment to this level, but I'm sure Fran will point out to him that many players have worked through the frustration and ultimately exploded on the seen, such as Uthoff. He'll preach patience, and rightly so.

Why would a player the coach is so high on and has had as much playing time as Nunge want to transfer? Ellingson will transfer if he can see no playing time in the future, (two shooting guards coming in). Wagner hasn't had much luck lately if that continues I see that as a possibility. Dailey is being given the keys to the car, why would he transfer? Kreiner is a real possibility as he could get a lot of playing time at a mid-major, and that would be a shame for Iowa. Every program needs a role player like him to come off the bench and contribute. Fair or not it will be hard for him to crack the starting lineup in the next two years with Garza, Cook, and Nunge getting so much playing time.

Who is most likely to transfer from this year's squad? My vote is Nunge, Dailey.

Uh....no. Wagner. Also, Pemsl isn't looking so terribly happy with his minutes. Ellingson might just to get heavy minutes somewhere in his last season. But he's kind of a glue guy. Low mistake guy. Kriener and Pemls seem to be fighting for PT for next season.

And that all changes if Cook leaves early.

It's like saying
giphy.gif

If you look at some of his high-school track & field results, he ran the 100m in similar times to MVB or Max Cooper. Its just that he did that while being 6' 7", or however tall he is. I think the football ship has probably sailed (at Iowa, anyhow), but it is an interesting "what if?"
Huge what if. He did play the one season his SR year just for the fun of playing with his 'boys' and dude could have gotten a full ride to OSU if he'd have just committed to it. He has not had but still has an NFL possible future if he wants it. There's been a bit of a trend of former hoops guys who hardly played and in a couple cases never played football in college getting looks at the NFL. It's just weird that a guy like Wagner with next to no future in hoops isn't even considering the move but different strokes for different folks...

Latest posts