Transfer out

Who is most likely to transfer from this year's squad? My vote is Nunge, Dailey.
I don't think either of them are... Maybe Ellingson. Maybe Wagner. But both Nunge and Daileys better days are ahead of them and they know that. Wagner messed up not playing football... He should quit the hoops team now and sign up for Doyles winter conditioning when that gets started and play football next fall.

I don't think either of them are... Maybe Ellingson. Maybe Wagner. But both Nunge and Daileys better days are ahead of them and they know that. Wagner messed up not playing football... He should quit the hoops team now and sign up for Doyles winter conditioning when that gets started and play football next fall.

I would think that, if either of them are eligible to be a grad transfer, they would. It's hard to tell, though, when you don't know the individuals in question, but from a basketball standpoint, they would make sense.

Nunge ain't transferring. I hope Ellingson does, as he brings absolutely nothing to the table unless he's hitting 3's, which he seems to always pass up taking lately for some reason. The guy's confidence is shot.

I'm hoping that Wagner decides to go play over on the football team. The guy is talented, but his basketball skills are very lacking.

Why do people suspect Nunge? He's a Freshman averaging the 6th most minutes on a B1G team. Where else would he play more at? I get it, he's seen the bench lately, but that's because he's learning..being developed and taught and he has to know that he's going to play the minute he can handle the role...it's called coaching.

and I'd put money on BE not being here next season, Fran has already called him a senior several times this year.

Why do people suspect Nunge? He's a Freshman averaging the 6th most minutes on a B1G team. Where else would he play more at? I get it, he's seen the bench lately, but that's because he's learning..being developed and taught and he has to know that he's going to play the minute he can handle the role...it's called coaching.
I'm with you. I can see the kid being frustrated. But most likely it's not with the coach or how he fits in. It's ALMOST too bad he didn't RS. Because like Uthoff, Marble, I could go on and on his best years will be at the end. No shame in not being ready right this min. Those that had unrealistic expectations of him are to deal with that themselves. Don't put that on him.

My question, too.

He's the only one on the current roster that seems to have any innate basketball IQ.

I think JBo is a very heady player for the most part. He just isn't physically gifted enough to do a lot of things out there. I think Garza as hard as he plays is pretty heady too. You don't see many terrible passes or decisions from him. You'll see the occasional bad screen set by any big guy and that's something you want to avoid for sure. But Dailey isn't the only one that's a heady player out there.

I think JBo is a very heady player for the most part. He just isn't physically gifted enough to do a lot of things out there. I think Garza as hard as he plays is pretty heady too. You don't see many terrible passes or decisions from him. You'll see the occasional bad screen set by any big guy and that's something you want to avoid for sure. But Dailey isn't the only one that's a heady player out there.

Nicholas Baer is as heady a player as you will see IMO.

Jordan and Baer have high basketball IQ's ... probably higher then most, there's no way they've be playing in the B1G without them.

Nicholas Baer is as heady a player as you will see IMO.
No doubt he is as well. I think he's taken a bad shot or two now and then this year but nothing crazy. He's made a few bad decisions passing as well but I'm not going to kill him over it. He makes up for his mistakes in hustle 10x over. If anything these guys need to quit passing on open looks. I think he Moss and JBo can get caught up in trying to maybe 'run the offense' or just get a better look when the one they are passing up isn't bad. Heck have some faith in our bigs to rebound they aren't half bad at that either.

Nunge ain't transferring. I hope Ellingson does, as he brings absolutely nothing to the table unless he's hitting 3's, which he seems to always pass up taking lately for some reason. The guy's confidence is shot.

I'm hoping that Wagner decides to go play over on the football team. The guy is talented, but his basketball skills are very lacking.
Football a career? Sounds interesting.He is a jock who could switch.Use him this year ?Why not? Talent there.Good team player I hear.

Football a career? Sounds interesting.He is a jock who could switch.Use him this year ?Why not? Talent there.Good team player I hear.

This is based off of me being a little ridiculous and hearing about Wagner being pretty talented on the football field his senior year. If I remember correctly, he was garnering some interest as a football recruit from some mid-major programs, and I think he only played his Senior year.

This is based off of me being a little ridiculous and hearing about Wagner being pretty talented on the football field his senior year. If I remember correctly, he was garnering some interest as a football recruit from some mid-major programs, and I think he only played his Senior year.

If you look at some of his high-school track & field results, he ran the 100m in similar times to MVB or Max Cooper. Its just that he did that while being 6' 7", or however tall he is. I think the football ship has probably sailed (at Iowa, anyhow), but it is an interesting "what if?"

Latest posts