Transcript + link of Pearl Talking about Iowa

hawkeye12345

Aired 3/22/10 on wnml-am

Host: Alright, let me ask you this….What if we started a rumor about you leavin’ and going someplace else to coach so that you’d get a raise so theeeennnn you could afford to buy us the tickets?

Pearl: I don’t need a raise, I’m not going anywhere else, I just need to win a game and take this team farther than any place it’s ever been.

http://images.radcity.net/6769/4230325.mp3

You need to go to near the end of the segment.

I'll give you my take: These guys were joking about getting free tickets from Pearl to the Sweet 16 game vs OSU tonight. The host more or less made a statement but some Vol fans and media types are taking the question and response out of context.

I think that once Drew and Pearl are finished, we will know within 48 hours if either of them are heading to IC. Right now, I firmly believe that both of them are in the mix.

Aired 3/22/10 on wnml-am

Host: Alright, let me ask you this….What if we started a rumor about you leavin’ and going someplace else to coach so that you’d get a raise so theeeennnn you could afford to buy us the tickets?

Pearl: I don’t need a raise, I’m not going anywhere else, I just need to win a game and take this team farther than any place it’s ever been.

http://images.radcity.net/6769/4230325.mp3

You need to go to near the end of the segment.

I'll give you my take: These guys were joking about getting free tickets from Pearl to the Sweet 16 game vs OSU tonight. The host more or less made a statement but some Vol fans and media types are taking the question and response out of context.

I think that once Drew and Pearl are finished, we will know within 48 hours if either of them are heading to IC. Right now, I firmly believe that both of them are in the mix.

If your truly believe that Pearl is in the mix, then I truly believe that you are insane.

I never said that I think Pearl is coming. What I've been saying all along is that he hasn't said NO and yet 'reporters' seem to be saying that he has. I live in TN and I've listened to Vols basketball talk on the radio all week long. I've listened to Pearl being interviewed and asked many times about the Iowa opening and him repeatedly saying that he knows a lot about the program, enjoyed his days here, still has friends here and feels that Mr. Davis got shafted but not once has he said No.

Will he come? Hell, I don't know but I hope he does. Bottom line is we will know if Pearl is a candidate within 48-72 hours of his team losing in the NCAAs.

My top choices still remain:

Gillispie
Pearl
Drew

Latest posts