Toussaint Injury

WinOneThisCentury

This is a tough one. Hopefully he's ok. Our starting five is missing one thing...a defensive stopper...at any position. Weiskamp, Connor and Frederick are good defensive players, but against quick ball-handlers, we don't have an answer in our starting five...and good defensive players often don't disrupt an opponents offense. Great teams often have a few difference makers on defense that makes it extremely difficult for teams run their offense. I only see that when Toussaint is in the game. Weiskamp makes some plays on defense too...he certainly did last night. Murray could be a great defensive player with his length and quickness and sheer athleticism. He's contributing already...wow...what a find he is.

After watching NW last night, it really dawned on me that we don't really have a defensive stopper, that player that can take a team out of their offense. NW was getting good shots. If Buie hadn't played like he was drunk most of the game...that game goes down to the wire. He's been unstoppable in their three game run...last night he looked pedestrian.

Twisted ankle. Good to go on Saturday. We need him, his speed, and his on the ball defense away from the basket.

This is a tough one. Hopefully he's ok. Our starting five is missing one thing...a defensive stopper...at any position. Weiskamp, Connor and Frederick are good defensive players, but against quick ball-handlers, we don't have an answer in our starting five...and good defensive players often don't disrupt an opponents offense. Great teams often have a few difference makers on defense that makes it extremely difficult for teams run their offense. I only see that when Toussaint is in the game. Weiskamp makes some plays on defense too...he certainly did last night. Murray could be a great defensive player with his length and quickness and sheer athleticism. He's contributing already...wow...what a find he is.

After watching NW last night, it really dawned on me that we don't really have a defensive stopper, that player that can take a team out of their offense. NW was getting good shots. If Buie hadn't played like he was drunk most of the game...that game goes down to the wire. He's been unstoppable in their three game run...last night he looked pedestrian.
Crazy as it sounds to say, Bohannon had a lot to do with how bad Buie played. It had to be the best defensive game of his career.

Might have to use Ulis and Perkins on D

They both play intense D

Admittedly against vastly inferior competition

But they both play active in-your-face D

Latest posts