Toussaint Commits to Hawks

Well that's a great domino to fall. He's a quick DEFENSIVE minded player that can get in the lane and distribute the ball. He's not a great shooter but if he was then he'd probably be ranked higher. He's pretty much everything that JBo is not even though they are similar in size. Now if we could just land Brooks or Jackson-Davis for next year we'd be sitting pretty with Foster the year after that

Joe is rather adept at distributing the ball. Looks like a tough young man. We need both those aspects for certain. I am pleased that Fran decided to get him on board now, rather than wait for the elite programs to lure the 5 star prospects away.....

I like his attitude. Perhaps we are gradually opening the East Coast for future Hawkeyes. Philly didn't work but we recruited Luka and now Joe.....

Good News

:cool:

Those kids that grow up and play on those courts around NYC are really tough players. Hope his toughness rubs off on the rest of our gaurds.

Those kids that grow up and play on those courts around NYC are really tough players. Hope his toughness rubs off on the rest of our gaurds.

New York guards with Midwest SF's and PF's and a big Center from anywhere is a recipe for winning. Let's land a NY SG too please.

Yes. They usually end up at Villanova, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Dixon era Pitt, or a blue blood. Iowa State was getting their share during the fateful Wayne Morgan era.

I'm just glad we got a '19 PG commit and hope he sticks. I got a suspicion that we're going to be glad we didn't wait until '20 to sign a point guard. If he's Bryce Cartwright, I will take that. Even better, we tapped into the East Coast for the second time in three years.

Looks like he can dribble penetrate, dish the assist, and play defense. Looks a little off balance shooting the ball, but some guys can make that work. Two main things I like is he can play defense and penetrate the lane, two things we are lacking in. If he does just that well, I’ll take it. He fills a niche.

Highlights of this guy show the real deal. NYC tough, flashy ball handler. God I wish he could play this year! A pass first pg with speed and ball skills. He doesn't need to shoot it great, got a few shooters on this team to take care of that.