Tournament Officials

kjvo23

Anyone know how the conference determines the officials for each game? The current Indiana/Illinois game is officiated by Mike Kitts, Mike Sanzere and Larry Scirrotto.........2 of the 3 officiated the Iowa game last night (Mike Kitts, Mike Sanzere, Steve McJunkins). I find it a little odd that they would have those who officiated the last game of the night turn around and do the first game of the next day. I just hope we dont get Ted tonight :)

I don't know but I hope we don't get any of the same guys tonight, yesterday they were asking for a brawl to break out almost.

It had to have been a nightmare for Purdue and Nebraska fans yesterday when they saw Valentine and Hightower show up in the stripes.

It had to have been a nightmare for Purdue and Nebraska fans yesterday when they saw Valentine and Hightower show up in the stripes.

that game would have taken an extra hour just in the stoppages for replays alone. I'm actually surprised those two were able to be paired up, both want center stage.

I wonder if they'll actually call physical contact on the perimeter because last game was really boring to watch because they didn't.

Anyone know how the conference determines the officials for each game? The current Indiana/Illinois game is officiated by Mike Kitts, Mike Sanzere and Larry Scirrotto.........2 of the 3 officiated the Iowa game last night (Mike Kitts, Mike Sanzere, Steve McJunkins). I find it a little odd that they would have those who officiated the last game of the night turn around and do the first game of the next day. I just hope we dont get Ted tonight :)

Not a big deal for these guys to do games on consecutive days. They are doing only 1 game each per day during the tourney, with no travel. During the regular season they have a more demanding schedule. Ted Valentine has done 80 games this year across 22 states. Sanzere has done 60 games in 11 states (according to statsheet.com).

Latest posts