Tournament low scoring poor shooting

longtimer

Just watched most of the Houston Villanova game. What poor shooting. I think Houston was like 1 for 19 from 3. I realize good defense being played but there were a lot of good shots missed. Seems to be the theme of the tournament all the way back to Iowa shooting so poorly after being such a good shooting team. Not sure whats going on but these games in the 50s are just not as exciting. And no I don't think it's the basketball

Just watched most of the Houston Villanova game. What poor shooting. I think Houston was like 1 for 19 from 3. I realize good defense being played but there were a lot of good shots missed. Seems to be the theme of the tournament all the way back to Iowa shooting so poorly after being such a good shooting team. Not sure whats going on but these games in the 50s are just not as exciting. And no I don't think it's the basketball
The ball is the only thing in common in every game. The other thing I have noticed is how slick the floors are. Makes me wonder if they got a defective finish.

Why don't you think ita the ball?

It's the 3 point shooting that's way down. And it absolutely.could be the ball.

The slick floors could be due to playing in pro arenas that double as hockey rinks. With March weather warming up in many locations and that hardwood laid down directly over a sheet of ice there could be extra condensation seeping through.

A lot of the low scoring is because of the high-quality defenses. I mean, holy cow, Iowa faced ONE good defensive team all year -- Iowa State -- and they cleaned the Hawks' clock. Texas Tech, St. Mary's, Arkansas all likely would have done the same. There are some elite defensive teams playing in this tourney -- and advancing.

This is the worst basketball ive ever seen in a NCAA

Its a combination of many factors - but if you like 25% shooting and 18 turnovers I guess its a good product.

A lot of the low scoring is because of the high-quality defenses. I mean, holy cow, Iowa faced ONE good defensive team all year -- Iowa State -- and they cleaned the Hawks' clock. Texas Tech, St. Mary's, Arkansas all likely would have done the same. There are some elite defensive teams playing in this tourney -- and advancing.
There have been a ton of open 3s (like Iowa had) being missed.

Another factor I've noticed, and not just in the tournament this year, is that teams get back on defense.

Even in live ball turnover situations it's difficult to get the proverbial "odd man rush".

I agree with other posters that the physical contact, hand checking, and lower body shenanigans have also gotten out of hand. I was hoping that B1G team would benefit from getting away for league officials who allow physical bloodbaths every night. Instead they looked like the less physical team in many of their matchups.

Latest posts