Tournament expansion likely

Might as well just let everyone in. Kind of like a sub 500 team playing in a bowl game, what's the point? If the fans want to go on vacation and their team sucks at least they can pick a better destination than a crappy bowl game!

Why ruin a good thing? Basketball isn't even more favorite sport, but I get giddy like a school girl when the tournament starts every year. 64 teams is perfect, and bumping it up to 96 teams will water down the tournament and can only make it worse. I really hope they don't expand to more teams.

Why ruin a good thing? Basketball isn't even more favorite sport, but I get giddy like a school girl when the tournament starts every year. 64 teams is perfect, and bumping it up to 96 teams will water down the tournament and can only make it worse. I really hope they don't expand to more teams.

+1. This is my exact sentiment. College football has gone the way of too many bowl teams and now the NCAA wants to ruin something good. I hate the fact that mediocrity is being rewarded.

I'm in favor of expansion. The NIT is meaningless anyway so might as well render it dead. All they are doing is playing for bragging rights to who is #66. The added teams will play an extra round to earn the right to play with the big boys. Expansion equates to a slightly extended tourney and I don't see that as being too much of a good thing which is why I'm in favor of it.

Just another reason for fans NOT to pay attention all year.....your team will always make the tourney!

I'm in favor of expansion. The NIT is meaningless anyway so might as well render it dead. All they are doing is playing for bragging rights to who is #66. The added teams will play an extra round to earn the right to play with the big boys. Expansion equates to a slightly extended tourney and I don't see that as being too much of a good thing which is why I'm in favor of it.

I have attended a couple of NIT games at CHA and I can tell you that while it may not have meaning on a National scale...neither did the play in game...and those NIT games were a big deal to everyone in CHA...except for Ricky Davis.

I heard someone on the radio a while back talking about this and the point was brought up that Jim Boeheim...a very respected basketball mind was in favor of it so it must have some merit.

I think it was Cowherd (who I don't usually care for) who said...of course Boeheim wants it to happen...most college basketball coaches would be in favor of it because it will help them bolster their resumes and keep their jobs.

Many people still look at 20 wins as a magic number in college basketball even though there are more games being played than there were when 20 wins meant something.

How could you fire a coach when he has been to the NCAA tournament every year?

Has anyone looked in the stands during these games. They are empty! Sure, it is good for office pools, but would players really want to play their last game in an empty arena?

I say if you go this route, you should make it a play-in scenario, with 8 teams and you would play the first game on the higher seed's home court. Then the four winners would play at a neutral site. Still might only have 3000 people for those games, but it beats the alternative of having a bunch more games in empty arenas.

I heard someone on the radio a while back talking about this and the point was brought up that Jim Boeheim...a very respected basketball mind was in favor of it so it must have some merit.

I think it was Cowherd (who I don't usually care for) who said...of course Boeheim wants it to happen...most college basketball coaches would be in favor of it because it will help them bolster their resumes and keep their jobs.

Many people still look at 20 wins as a magic number in college basketball even though there are more games being played than there were when 20 wins meant something.

How could you fire a coach when he has been to the NCAA tournament every year?

I don't think Boeheim is worried about losing his job. Now many other coaches I'm sure are thinking this.

I haven't heard anyone other than coaches come out in favor of this but the NCAA seems hell bent on doing it even though most fans are opposed...........

Latest posts