Toughts from Saturday

311hawk

1) Is it just me, or do a lot of ISU fans look like goobers? Maybe just the ones they show on TV
2) Hampton- looked good but missed a lot of cut back lanes that were wide open.
3) A-Rob- does he take a bath in vasoline? Nobody can get a hold of that dude when he is
running. Not the fastets or most elusive back we have ever had, but he gets it done
and plays smart.
4) Ferentz...the center - thought he played a great game and looked very athletic. Think we are in good hands for the next few years there. Just needs to put on a few pounds.
5) ISU- They are going to have to strap it up if they are going to go to a bowl game this year.
6) Defense- Very sound and athletic

you could tell that Hampton was rushing things, which is normal because he was amped. I'm sure the game felt "fast" to him but that will change in a couple games and he will run with more patience.

7) Keenan Davis - still hasn't quite figured out blocking at the collegiate level. Check out Hampton's run where he's stopped at the one yard line just before Reisnor's TD catch. I know we got the score anyway, but this could have been easier.

you could tell that Hampton was rushing things, which is normal because he was amped. I'm sure the game felt "fast" to him but that will change in a couple games and he will run with more patience.

Ferentz did talk about how they were trying to keep him in the right mind frame. He was a little over amped, but he did great. You're right, he'll settle in and have some great games.

I agree with Keenan. As much as I want him on the field because of his playmaking ability, he doesnt block well right now. I remember that play also, but to his defense it was ISU's best player that made a play on him (Sims).

I think there is going to be a game or two this year where we need a "cheap" score like a return or a bomb and keenan could be that guy.

Hampton has some intangibles.... we could have he best RB duo in the country outisdie of Bama's. I am guessing Zona will be a break out game for him.

7) Keenan Davis - still hasn't quite figured out blocking at the collegiate level. Check out Hampton's run where he's stopped at the one yard line just before Reisnor's TD catch. I know we got the score anyway, but this could have been easier.

Anyone who complains about Davis not playing needs to watch his blocking. And then watch McNutt and DJK on the long runs by Robinson...noticeable difference. McNutt blocked a DB with his left hand for about 30 yards on the 75-yard run.

All our WR's need to watch ARob's long run, and pay attention to McNutt blocking his guy for 80 yards! That was almost as impressive to me as the run itself.

I am excited for Hampton this upcoming week. The guy hadn't played a game in over 18 months. Rather than trying to run around guys, he was trying to run them over and was getting tackled rather than getting around the tacklers. After he watches his film and sees how many yards he left out there, expect drastic improvement and a considerable change in his running style.

I think the only thing that Hampton was lacking on Sat was a little patience. Letting the blocking develop a half a second longer before he shifts gears will be a huge difference. It is perfectly understandable, as others have said, because he was amped up. I hope him and Robinson can turn into a Maroney/Barber type combo without the sucky team around them.

I think the only thing that Hampton was lacking on Sat was a little patience. Letting the blocking develop a half a second longer before he shifts gears will be a huge difference. It is perfectly understandable, as others have said, because he was amped up. I hope him and Robinson can turn into a Maroney/Barber type combo without the sucky team around them.

I was watching w/ some guys Sat. and the question that came up was, "Is Hampton maybe a little too quick?" Or another phrasing is, "Does he need to show more deliberate patience?" I definitely think that was an issue Sat., but that's not a bad problem, as there's no doubt in my mind Jewel will rectify that this weekend. Jewel also finishes runs about as violently as any IA RB I can recall, and that gets a sideline and fanbase jacked. I also felt he was really, really close to breaking some big gainers. Right now having Jewel and A-Rob rolling is awesome

1) Is it just me, or do a lot of ISU fans look like goobers? Maybe just the ones they show on TV
2) Hampton- looked good but missed a lot of cut back lanes that were wide open.
3) A-Rob- does he take a bath in vasoline? Nobody can get a hold of that dude when he is
running. Not the fastets or most elusive back we have ever had, but he gets it done
and plays smart.
4) Ferentz...the center - thought he played a great game and looked very athletic. Think we are in good hands for the next few years there. Just needs to put on a few pounds.
5) ISU- They are going to have to strap it up if they are going to go to a bowl game this year.
6) Defense- Very sound and athletic

1. Goobers, Clowns. PotAto, Potawto.
2. Its his first game back after a year lay off, he still has a bit of rust. When he gets going watch out, he has true breakaway speed.
3. A-Rob was good last year, but this year he has taken his game to another level. He isn't the fastest, but he can find daylight.
4. He is good. We have two good centers.
5. They won't be able to find a bowl if they hide in a box of cornflakes this year.
6. Defense. Awsum. Disruptive. Active. Awsum. Dominating. And they are getting better every game.

Last edited:

Latest posts