Tough Injury for Josh Dix

Tippett

Josh broke his leg tonight. Compound fracture with bone coming through the skin. Had to be taken of the floor on a stretcher.

Very sorry to hear that. Hopefully skilled surgeons can repair it and he can once again have full normal use of it. At this point who cares about basketball, what is important is that he can fully recover and use it will out complications for his normal life stuff.

If he fully recovers and it’s his desire to continue to play in sports then I wish him the very best there also.

Very sorry to hear that. Hopefully skilled surgeons can repair it and he can once again have full normal use of it. At this point who cares about basketball, what is important is that he can fully recover and use it will out complications for his normal life stuff.

If he fully recovers and it’s his desire to continue to play in sports then I wish him the very best there also.
Yep. Eff basketball right now, I hope he gets better and doesn’t have life long affects.

Open tib-fib fracture...yikes!

The sad part is his team was up 28 with only 1:45 left to play. Freak accidents happen but this is why you get your best players off the court when the game is well in hand.

I was a little nervous when watching the womens game and Bluder left Clark in the game to get that triple double. Not saying it wasn't the right call but freak accidents can happen.

Open tib-fib fracture...yikes!

The sad part is his team was up 28 with only 1:45 left to play. Freak accidents happen but this is why you get your best players off the court when the game is well in hand.

I was a little nervous when watching the womens game and Bluder left Clark in the game to get that triple double. Not saying it wasn't the right call but freak accidents can happen.
Da faq? I assume he plays on a team that has more players than what Hickory had in Hoosiers? That's some inexcusable coaching right there. I suppose his folks are saying all the right things but I know what I'd be thinking..

It was so bad that they just stopped the game. There was still a couple minutes to play and they did not resume. Yick.

Assuming there is no infection and its a clean break, he should recover 100%. Physically. I don't know these kids get that shit out of their heads though. It would be hard to ever jump for a board again......

Da faq? I assume he plays on a team that has more players than what Hickory had in Hoosiers? That's some inexcusable coaching right there. I suppose his folks are saying all the right things but I know what I'd be thinking..

Nothing coming out of it and the point margin was exaggerated, I'm hearing now they were up by 18. I'm sure everyone feels bad but I wouldn't hang to much blame on the coaches. Heck I've seen coaches keep starters on the court with bigger point differences and who's to say the bench isn't getting more minutes than the starters if they are blowing everyone out.

Nothing coming out of it and the point margin was exaggerated, I'm hearing now they were up by 18. I'm sure everyone feels bad but I wouldn't hang to much blame on the coaches. Heck I've seen coaches keep starters on the court with bigger point differences and who's to say the bench isn't getting more minutes than the starters if they are blowing everyone out.
Yeah only thing I know about the score of it was what you'd wrote so far I hadn't seen it anywhere else yet. 28 pts in 4th q is a huge margin if it indeed was that. 18 isn't too crazy and with about 2 mins to go I'd be thinking about subbing kids out but maybe hadn't yet.

Sucks regardless for him that's for damn sure.

Most HS coached hardly take their stars out - especially D1 talent - they are looking to pad their stats, not come out of games early. - that is just not HS thing.

Coaches can't win. Player gets hurt its on them (rightfully or not) they pull the player and his numbers aren't there they catch hell for it as well. I'm one that believes in getting the talent off the field/court and letting the younger guys get there turn, but I'll also never blame a coach when a kid gets hurt. The coach/coaches will put enough of the blame on themselves it's not something where we need to do it for them.

Hope for the best as far as basketball, he really stood out with his hops and dunking on anyone, hope that isn't done. Kid his age should bounce back but like posters said that kind of trauma can mess with the head. Sounds like he is being positive.