Top Offensive Lineman in American to Alabama

khock

Front Scout.com home page …
Cameron Robinson went back and forth between Alabama and LSU for months, but he is committed to the Crimson Tide and he is excited about the future in Tuscaloosa.

Cameron Robinson has made a strong case to be the top 2014 prospect in the country.

He is the top offensive lineman in America and the 6-foot-5, 320 pound senior out of West Monroe (La) is committed to Alabama.

Pretty impressive list of offensive line commitments.

#1 Tackle (C. Robinson)
#1 Center (J.C. Hassenauer)
#3 Guard (R. Pierschbacher)
#9 Guard (V. Talamaivao)
#16 Guard (M. McBride)

They also have a commitment from a 4-Star JC tackle.

Thank you for the post. Why do Iowa fans care about who Alabama recruits on their offensive line other then Pierschbacher?

Thank you for the post. Why do Iowa fans care about who Alabama recruits on their offensive line other then Pierschbacher?

Only a casual interest given Pierschbacher's former verbal to Iowa and subsequent verbal to Alabama. I wish the kid the best. It's just an observation, nothing more.

#callthethreadpolice

After we go 9-3, KF goes after Ross after the Capital One Bowl victory over LSU. Ross changes his mind and wants to be a part of KF's next three year upswing at Iowa. It could happen.

After we go 9-3, KF goes after Ross after the Capital One Bowl victory over LSU. Ross changes his mind and wants to be a part of KF's next three year upswing at Iowa. It could happen.
Do you really want him after he backed out on us, though? I recall you were pretty outspoken about his change. Anyway, while I agree with the tenor of your post, it is missing the fact that we will likely be out of scholarships by then.

Because Ferentz is such a renowned molder of offensive linemen into NFL talent. Why does the supposed NFL talent want to go elsewhere? The answer and this thread is a 'dig' to the Iowa football program.

Last edited:
I say screw him. Let him beg Coach Frents for his offer back, and Frents will tell him to STFU and GTFO. Iowa has no place for losers like him who don't keep their word. KF got offers from a lot of big NFL and college programs in the past, but he stuck with the Hawks.

Maybe after his "injury" and subsequent dismissal from Alabama, he can wash up with the Clowns to get his revenge, a'la Rodney Coe.

Well, I know a lot of folks are mad at Pirschbacher, but I'd still take him back.

I don't think I would take him back. He should have stayed with the Hawks in the first place. He would see the field fast at Iowa he will probably have to sit a couple of yrs at bama

I don't think I would take him back. He should have stayed with the Hawks in the first place. He would see the field fast at Iowa he will probably have to sit a couple of yrs at bama

Would you rather play a ton right away and not win a title or sit for two years, then play a lot and compete for titles both years you're a starter? I'd go the second route in a heartbeat. Not many people have the opportunity to be part of a national title or a dynasty like they have going right now. Bama will be doing that for the foreseeable future.

Would you rather play a ton right away and not win a title or sit for two years, then play a lot and compete for titles both years you're a starter? I'd go the second route in a heartbeat. Not many people have the opportunity to be part of a national title or a dynasty like they have going right now. Bama will be doing that for the foreseeable future.

With the way Bama recruits there is no guarantee he plays at all. If it were me I'd be a Hawkeye, but I'm a big Hawkeye fan and grew up wanting to play for the Hawks. I'd want to try to build a team to beat the best not join them.

Mack Brown will be out soon. Then the bidding war begins for Saban.

Do you really want him after he backed out on us, though? I recall you were pretty outspoken about his change. Anyway, while I agree with the tenor of your post, it is missing the fact that we will likely be out of scholarships by then.

Iowa has put many O-lineman in the NFL. Very few of them were Blue Chip recruits. Ross P. would have been a nice "get" for Iowa, but he probably would be no better or worse than the lower ranked lineman that Iowa recruits and develops.

If Ross P. has the talent to be a good offensive lineman, then Iowa should welcome him back should he change his mind. Iowa's success is built around really good line play. Without that, you have the 2012 season.

Keep this name in mind:
Arguably one of the best lineman to come out of the program since Bulaga. If Iowa had told him to STFU and GTFO he would have landed at Nebraska. I think he changed his commitment several times, but ultimately wound up a Hawk.

Latest posts