Top Five Plays of 2019

homes

1. Duncan's FG to beat Nebraska - the kiss of death to the Huskers
2. Laurel mowing over Hardy fielding a punt, recovered by Young to seal the win over ISU - no finer comedy ever performed
3. Smith-Marsette's KO return against USC - sorry SC, not tonight
4. Goodson's TD against Minnesota - a sign of things to come
5. Stanley's pass to Tracy for the TD against Wisconsin - from no chance to so tantalizingly close . . .

Honorable mention - Any one of the many 5 yard QB sneaks by Stanley, incredibly fun to watch so base a play, truly Iowa football.

What are yours?

I’m excited to see what Smith can do next season, he’s developed incredibly well. Between him, Ragaini, ISM, LaPorta, and Goodson (not to mention the next guys in, looking at you, Martin) the offense could really be something.
Amen! I think Tracy is going to be special too. Hopefully all of these guys stick around.

This one sticks out in my mind:

Yeah and you know what, an OC can call that play even without great pass blocking because your qb can launch it in 2 seconds with arc and hang time giving your own receiver like a B Smith to go up and get it.

McSorley was not a really great throwing qb but he had a lot of tall receivers and TEnds and their coaches just let him lob it up there. It is something our coaches need to do more of, as in take a chance

Several plays against Minny but I think the late sack strip knock out of their qb by AJE to really seal it was great.

Many lasers thrown by Nate. Man when he made some throws it was a joy to watch like the 22 yarder to ISM at ISU to convert something like a third and 19, and the last 3 throws at Nebby were just awesome plays by the whole team but Nate had to make the throws and the receivers made some tough catches there.

Damn we are going to have an awesome and dynamic receiving corp next year. Should make whoever is starting really good.

That Smith reception was big time.

What about AJE almost tearing Slovis' arm out of his socket. That ended any chance USC may have thought they had.

Several plays against Minny but I think the late sack strip knock out of their qb by AJE to really seal it was great.

Many lasers thrown by Nate. Man when he made some throws it was a joy to watch like the 22 yarder to ISM at ISU to convert something like a third and 19, and the last 3 throws at Nebby were just awesome plays by the whole team but Nate had to make the throws and the receivers made some tough catches there.
Nate was awesome this year on 3rd and way longs. I'm not sure we've ever seen that kind of performance so many times from an Iowa qb under Ferentz.
Nate has a lot of good qualities that we'll miss for sure.

Nate was awesome this year on 3rd and way longs. I'm not sure we've ever seen that kind of performance so many times from an Iowa qb under Ferentz.
Nate has a lot of good qualities that we'll miss for sure.

You are correct and yet he gets way inaccurate on shorter passes to guys who are pretty open. I think it is a brain thing, doesnt concentrate, relaxes, whatever.

In watching the holiday bowl replay Nate had ISM on a crossing pattern of about a 8 yard throw and you could see Nate's motion was different. He sort of looped his arm and release point higher above his head and didnt follow through. Seems like a definite sign of trying to guide the ball. ISM might still be running with the ball if it wasnt incomplete at his ankles.

Anyway, I hope Nate gets some better qb coaching on mechanics and his thinking patterns.

Latest posts