Too bad, a well played first half turns ragged

Joe Wieskamp needs to hit the gym in the off season and eat double the calories. It's not his shot not falling recently that bothers me, but how often he hits the deck after a little bit of contact. I have always been confused by the NBA talk surrounding him. He has the body of a high schooler and isn't that quick.

I thought it was actually a very well officiated game. They were pretty consistent with their calls on both sides. They let them play physical from start to finish.

I agree with the vast majority of your posts, but if you think there’s some back channel, covert phone calls made by a Big Ten higher up to officials before a game telling them to make sure MSU wins you’re fuckin loony.

Maybe, but consider that the White House coordinated with the Senate in a certain trial recently, so.......anything is possible. ;)

MSU outplayed us in almost every facet last night. It's not on the officials.

Fran's decisions at times were highly questionable. I honestly don't get the lack of a TO after Winston hit three 3's in a row and the crowd was erupting. Seems like the perfect time for a time out, IMO. Also, his strategy in the second half of isolating Pemsl or Kriener in the half set. Really? In fairness, Kriener played a pretty good game (though he always gets out of control after he hits a couple and thinks he's Steph Curry), but that's simply not a winning strategy.

That said, what bothered me the most was the lack of hustle. When you're not a particularly athletic team, you HAVE to do the little things, and MSU was clearly the more aggressive team and won almost every 50:50 ball.

Latest posts