Tony Moeaki Update

rider22

"It’s always dangerous to make too much of a weekend worth of practices, particularly when contact is off-limits. But tight end Tony Moeaki , a third-round pick, looked like he could be a nice addition to the passing game. Moeaki gave the defense fits during the only full-squad portion of practice that was open to the media. His ability to get down the field exceeds that of Leonard Pope and Brad Cottam. But Moeaki has a little to learn about route running. On one third-down play, Moeaki cut off his route short of the first-down marker, prompting offensive coordinator Charlie Weis to loudly inform Moeaki that such an effort wouldn’t be tolerated again."

A six-pack of rookie camp observations | Red Zone

Why would Tony think Weis knows one damn thing about anything connected to football???

Maybe because Weis DOES know quite a bit about football. And no, I'm not a Chiefs/Pats/ND fan. The guy isn't suited to be a head coach. That doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football.

Maybe because Weis DOES know quite a bit about football. And no, I'm not a Chiefs/Pats/ND fan. The guy isn't suited to be a head coach. That doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football.

Great offensive coordinator. He's back exactly where he should be

2 years and KC is back on top of the AFC West. Bank on it.

They will improve but until they have a franchise QB they wont overtake the Chargers. Maybe Weis can turn Cassell into that guy. If not, Rivers will keep the Chargers on top

Um, I think I'll trust the things O'Keefe taught Moeaki over what Fat Charlie is teaching. For a guy like Moeaki, he can under run the down marker a little bit because a lot of the DBs in the NFL aren't going to be able to take him down one on one. You run beyond the marker and you've got a slew of guys trying to break up the pass, you catch it underneath and dodge a tackler and you've got a big play or at least a first down. Obviously, Tony, under the tutelage of O'Keefe, knows a little more about converting first downs than Charlie.

Um, I think I'll trust the things O'Keefe taught Moeaki over what Fat Charlie is teaching. For a guy like Moeaki, he can under run the down marker a little bit because a lot of the DBs in the NFL aren't going to be able to take him down one on one. You run beyond the marker and you've got a slew of guys trying to break up the pass, you catch it underneath and dodge a tackler and you've got a big play or at least a first down. Obviously, Tony, under the tutelage of O'Keefe, knows a little more about converting first downs than Charlie.

More DBs in the NFL will be able to take him down than in college, and Charlie has 3 Super Bowl rings as an offensive coordinator, how does O'Keefe have more knowledge about converting first downs in the NFL than Charlie?

More DBs in the NFL will be able to take him down than in college, and Charlie has 3 Super Bowl rings as an offensive coordinator, how does O'Keefe have more knowledge about converting first downs in the NFL than Charlie?

Look at his screen name, he knows O'Keefe doesn't. He just says stuff like that to try to get people worked up. Weis isn't a good head coach because he only cares about QBs and skill position players, but he is very good at coaching those positions.

look at the name of the person you quoted off of "okeefe4prez" i think it was... What do you expect with someone with a name like that. They're are obviously in love. :p

Sarcasm

But seriosuly, 4 years with OKeefe is equivalent to 15 years with Weis. Okeefe has forgotten more football knowledge than Weis has ever learned

not gonna happen they need to make some bigger moves for that to happen
They will. I have a feeling KC will make a couple FA pick-ups before the season and will get another couple good picks to shore their o-line up in next years draft.

O'Keefe needs to start remembering some of that "knowledge" he's forgotten- because he's apparently forgotten a lot of the good stuff.

Go back and watch the UNI film. Tony had a ton of catches, but Hodge tackled him before the first down marker a lot.

Weiss is such a tool. I predict he lasts 1 season in KC before he either bolts, or is canned. I can't wait till KC comes to Indy and Weiss tries his act here. I hope the Chiefs don't stick him in the press box during games.

Latest posts