Tom Davis first time back in CHA since '05

I'm excited to see Mr. Davis.

Iowa basketball hasn't been the same since you left brother.

When Tom Davis came to Iowa, Iowa's program was considered as good or better than Kansas' program. They had the same amount of final four appearances in what back then was a much better conference than the Big Eight. Give me Bucky O'Connor, Ralph & Lute.

It has been over thirty-years since Iowa has won a Big Ten title or gone to the Final Four. From 1955 through 1980, Iowa won five Big Ten titles & went to the Final Four three times. Iowa used to have a top-ten program. Tom Davis is one of the reasons Iowa is not even close to being a top-ten program.

I'm excited to see Mr. Davis. Iowa basketball hasn't been the same since you left brother.
When Tom Davis came to Iowa, Iowa's program was considered as good or better than Kansas' program. They had the same amount of final four appearances in what back then was a much better conference than the Big Eight. Give me Bucky O'Connor, Ralph & Lute. It has been over thirty-years since Iowa has won a Big Ten title or gone to the Final Four. From 1955 through 1980, Iowa won five Big Ten titles & went to the Final Four three times. Iowa used to have a top-ten program. Tom Davis is one of the reasons Iowa is not even close to being a top-ten program.

Yes. Blame the Docta.

When Tom Davis came to Iowa, Iowa's program was considered as good or better than Kansas' program. They had the same amount of final four appearances in what back then was a much better conference than the Big Eight. Give me Bucky O'Connor, Ralph & Lute.

It has been over thirty-years since Iowa has won a Big Ten title or gone to the Final Four. From 1955 through 1980, Iowa won five Big Ten titles & went to the Final Four three times. Iowa used to have a top-ten program. Tom Davis is one of the reasons Iowa is not even close to being a top-ten program.

Yep, those 9 NCAA tournament appearances and 2 Sweet Sixteen appearances sure were dark days for the program. Considering we were a top 10 national program winning national championships almost every year before he got to Iowa City.

Get those kids off your lawn.

yeah, those late 80's early 90's teams were so terrible...

i think chris street's death effected him and was never the same after that. tom davis was not a bad coach. you only have to look at the last 10 years to see what a bad coach does.

Blasphemy, Mr. Davis is and will always be AWESOME! He is the kind of coach we all wanted, but most likely never had. Dude, loves Ia so much he is willing to come back when asked even though, he was essentially fired for being one of the most successful coaches in Hawkeye BB history, that is charachter my friend.

Blasphemy, Mr. Davis is and will always be AWESOME! He is the kind of coach we all wanted, but most likely never had. Dude, loves Ia so much he is willing to come back when asked even though, he was essentially fired for being one of the most successful coaches in Hawkeye BB history, that is charachter my friend.

I totally agree, well said

Tom Davis is (and may always be) Iowa basketball to me. Watching on TV, going to the summer camps every year. It sucks to think what might have been all around had Chris Street not gone too soon.

Tom Davis is (and may always be) Iowa basketball to me. Watching on TV, going to the summer camps every year. It sucks to think what might have been all around had Chris Street not gone too soon.

Spot on. My picture with Mr. Davis at one of the bball camps is something I cherish. He was a great man. Ran into him in the airport a few years ago and he was chatting away with fans.

Dr.Tom got a standing O the last 2 times he was back, I would expect no less. Not only is he one of the best BB coaches for Iowa in history, he's one of the best BB coaches in the history of CBB.

btw+++on Streets death, I think that really effected him/our program for longer than some give it credit. this year was 19 after his death,it's annual still noted state wide.

Mr. Davis Davis is.. and was...a great college basketball coach, a teacher and very good man.

Except for a couple of buckets in '87 and again in '89 he would have been in the Final Four... maybe more

then who knows and Iowa becomes a Kansas... go figure

The death of Chris Street was devastating to Mr. Davis and yet he brought Iowa to the Sweet Sixteen... again

Screwed by a lame duck season.. Nick Collison.. maybe Kirk H... who knows and then the 10 year run began with downs and ONE UP with Jeff and Greg and Adam... and huge horrible AD decisions, coaches and we are now in 2012.

Yet the future is very bright.. and I wear sunglasses at night for Iowa BB with mad Fran coaching us to success.

Latest posts