Tom Clements

Well Da haters gonna like this one. He is more than qualified. I myself want a younger coach personally, but Da Haters spoke loud and clear, that the #1 priority is having a ton of experience.

Would like to see the youth element as well but can't argue this potential hire too much if true. Our first and most foremost need is to get the offense back to working order and that begins with the 2017 season. Considering BF's experience as OC this guy can certainly assist in a big way I would think. Secondarily is the need for youth/energy for any number of reasons.......i.e., recruiting. The quickest impact that can have is further down the trail than the upcoming regular season.

There's still another one and likely two hires that could fill the youth element and recruiting needs, hopefully. That's how I'm rationalizing this if true anyway. If we don't get things back on offense I'm not sure many top skill position players are going to be interested in joining us regardless of who our recruiters might be.

Recommended for ND head coach by Ara Parshegian, Joe Montana and Kirk. Ferentz was hired at Maine by
Kevin White, then AD at ND. Clements is a good looking, articulate (Magna Cum Laude graduate of ND Law School)
and the Ivy League look. So how did the abrasive, rumpled roundman named Charlie Weis get hired? I suspect a major donor had influence.

Last edited:
Is this still looking like the person?
A positive is the experience with a young Qb.

Any other rumors?

Latest posts