Tom and Cael negotiate on twitter

I can't see the whole conversation. Someone want to summarize it please?

Sadly, I think Cael would come out on top of this one. The guy has to be at least 10-15 years younger.

Sadly, I think Cael would come out on top of this one. The guy has to be at least 10-15 years younger.

Cael's quite a bit heavier no?

anyway, they aren't talking about wrestling each other, they're talking about setting up a meet between the two schools since they don't wrestle each other this year

He's also better. Brands was an excellent wrestler, but Sanderson is one of the top 3 of all time, IMO (Gable and Dake being the other two).

He's also better. Brands was an excellent wrestler, but Sanderson is one of the top 3 of all time, IMO (Gable and Dake being the other two).

Meh. Why is gable automatically ahead of Brands? Not that I disagree with you, but Brands only lost in the NCAA tournament to a future olympic champion (1-0), and a national champion who has the 8th most wins in NCAA history (6-5) his freshman year.

Sure Cael went undefeated, which is nice, but other than Cormier, he didn't seem to have the best competition. Doesn't matter, Dake is better than either of these guys.

Meh. Why is gable automatically ahead of Brands? Not that I disagree with you, but Brands only lost in the NCAA tournament to a future olympic champion (1-0), and a national champion who has the 8th most wins in NCAA history (6-5) his freshman year.

Sure Cael went undefeated, which is nice, but other than Cormier, he didn't seem to have the best competition. Doesn't matter, Dake is better than either of these guys.

Brands and Mark Schultz are the only Americans to ever win 3 national titles, a world title, and an Olympic title. that's pretty impressive.

"if" brands and cael were the same size, I would bet on brands any day. imo, Tom has more heart, desire and was a much more relentless wrestler.

"if" brands and cael were the same size, I would bet on brands any day. imo, Tom has more heart, desire and was a much more relentless wrestler.

Tom is a punishing wrestler. Cael wrestled in a weak weight class.

I'm looking through his brackets and I don't think Cael beat a single NCAA champion during his four years at the NCAA tournament. I will grant him the fact that he beat an olympian (Hrovat), a world silver medalist (Eggum) and Cormier who had a very impressive post college resume. It's also hard to beat champions when you're manning the same weight for 3 of the four years.

Latest posts