Toledo gets screwed out of win by refs and replay official

i mean, what kind of excuse can you have? i, uh, was, a, looking at a different view, and, uh, didn't see that it wasn't good, umm...

If there were ever an instance where you could argue for overturning the result, this would be it. Toledo drove down the field and got the field goal to "tie" the game with no time left. They should go back and correct the result. Toledo won that game.

If there were ever an instance where you could argue for overturning the result, this would be it. Toledo drove down the field and got the field goal to "tie" the game with no time left. They should go back and correct the result. Toledo won that game.

What's interesting about this is the Pac12 kind of set a president when they changed the final score after the game ended based solely on replay evidence. I realize the difference was they changed it based upon a improperly interpreted rule as opposed to a judgement call, which is why they will refuse to do so.

Whoops, my bad, I thought the play was the last of the game. No way should they go back and correct the game. Obviously if Syracuse were down by more than three they would have played the end of the game differently. Sure the refs kicked it but no way can you go back after the fact.

Whoops, my bad, I thought the play was the last of the game. No way should they go back and correct the game. Obviously if Syracuse were down by more than three they would have played the end of the game differently. Sure the refs kicked it but no way can you go back after the fact.

I'm pretty tired, so perhaps I'm just a little confused here. But Toledo did kick a field goal with no time left to force overtime, so Syracuse would have had no time to answer the score. It wasn't a deal where if Toledo had been down by two and took a one point lead, that Syracuse could have potentially taken the kickoff back for a TD to win the game. The game should have been over with the field goal to end regulation.

Considering that it was going to be either a 3-point or 2-point game for Toledo's last drive, I don't think strategies would have changed very much in the final two minutes, if at all.

I'm pretty tired, so perhaps I'm just a little confused here. But Toledo did kick a field goal with no time left to force overtime, so Syracuse would have had no time to answer the score. It wasn't a deal where if Toledo had been down by two and took a one point lead, that Syracuse could have potentially taken the kickoff back for a TD to win the game. The game should have been over with the field goal to end regulation.

Considering that it was going to be either a 3-point or 2-point game for Toledo's last drive, I don't think strategies would have changed very much in the final two minutes, if at all.

Defensive strategies would change quite a bit if a FG ties versus wins it. Regardless the only way I would see overturning it is if the controversial play itself ended the game.

Latest posts