Toks Akinribade injury?

BVHawk95

Was cruisin' the twitterverse when I came across this:

Has he been hurt during bowl prep? Anyone else hearing/seeing rumors about this?

That sucks. Now is the time he'd be trying to boost his stock for next yr during bowl prep. Being hurt sure won't help that.

I just found heard from someone close to the situation that he had a scare the other day and was hospitalized but is doing much better. Looks like things continue to improve. I'll supply any updates that I can.

I am pretty tech savvy but I am amazed that someone feels the need to tweet something like this out there. Why does that comment from that person (a former player in this case) even need to be made in the public arena, first off? Doesn’t it just serve to draw attention to the person commenting? And since it wasn’t common knowledge, wouldn’t someone think they didn’t want everyone to know about the issue, and therefore it would be ill-advised to tweet this out?

Am I the only one that thinks this way?

I am pretty tech savvy but I am amazed that someone feels the need to tweet something like this out there. Why does that comment from that person (a former player in this case) even need to be made in the public arena, first off? Doesn’t it just serve to draw attention to the person commenting? And since it wasn’t common knowledge, wouldn’t someone think they didn’t want everyone to know about the issue, and therefore it would be ill-advised to tweet this out?

I am more surprised the U of I didn't release a statement ahead of this. I understand he is a student, and HEPA(?) and all of the privacy concerns, but they had to know it would get out, why not control the situation and avoid rumors.

It's the world in which we live. I agree. I would like to go back where less information is more in some cases but the train has left the station, IMO.

I posted what I knew for those who are concerned.

Well from Derrick Mitchell's perspective he probably got wind that something happened to Tok's and wanted to wish him the best. That's how "the kids" do things these days. Everything is done socially.

If you think that's weird, lookup the app "houseparty" and you'll realize there's a massive disconnect between most of us and the kids today. Kids don't hang out or talk in person anymore. They do it all online.

Well from Derrick Mitchell's perspective he probably got wind that something happened to Tok's and wanted to wish him the best. That's how "the kids" do things these days. Everything is done socially.

If you think that's weird, lookup the app "houseparty" and you'll realize there's a massive disconnect between most of us and the kids today. Kids don't hang out or talk in person anymore. They do it all online.

families-rotary_phone-telephone-generation_gap-technological_advances-social_network-mmln203_low.jpg

Well considering Mitchell is over 1000 miles away from Iowa City now hanging out in person is pretty tough for them nowadays. But yeah I get what your getting at...

It's the world in which we live. I agree. I would like to go back where less information is more in some cases but the train has left the station, IMO.

I posted what I knew for those who are concerned.

Just t be clear, I don’t have a problem with the media breaking news. But a friend wishing someone well in a public forum when the problem has not become known strikes me as strange and more like being about the poster instead of wishing someone well, which can be done through a phone call or text message.

I am more surprised the U of I didn't release a statement ahead of this. I understand he is a student, and HEPA(?) and all of the privacy concerns, but they had to know it would get out, why not control the situation and avoid rumors.

HIPAA only applies if the person doesn’t want to talk about it. If they do, then the U could have done what you just described. Schools do that all the time.

HIPAA only applies if the person doesn’t want to talk about it. If they do, then the U could have done what you just described. Schools do that all the time.

Kind of. The patient doesn't have to request privacy, it's automatic. HIPAA applies unless the patient signs a waiver okaying release of info.

Latest posts