todays SMU??

pin2win

@hagertony
can anyone honestly think stuff like this isn't going on anymore????

heck i bet its happening on the high school level

Well, I think it's incredible that this first airing of the Pony Excess shows right after the Heisman was awarded to a kid whose father was caught shopping him around.

SMU got the death penalty 23 years ago...

Cam Newton got the Heisman tonight...in a year where a previous winner was forced to give up his award for the exact same crime.

I say bring back the Death Penalty, starting with USC and the SEC.

Well, I think it's incredible that this first airing of the Pony Excess shows right after the Heisman was awarded to a kid whose father was caught shopping him around.

SMU got the death penalty 23 years ago...

Cam Newton got the Heisman tonight...in a year where a previous winner was forced to give up his award for the exact same crime.

I say bring back the Death Penalty, starting with USC and the SEC.

NCAA will never put the 'death penalty' on another program ever again regardless of sport because of what it what cost the university and ultimately the NCAA financially in losses.

I thought it was a " coincidence " as well! These 30 for 30 documentaries have been pretty good!

NCAA will never put the 'death penalty' on another program ever again regardless of sport because of what it what cost the university and ultimately the NCAA financially in losses.

Correct. Hell, one of the investigators even said that he thought SMU would have recovered within 7 years.

that doc was very good, must admit as is this song played loudly
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-xLx--YQI]YouTube - I Go to the Barn Because I like the..[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSjWUcQD-1M&feature=related]YouTube - Band Of Horses - I Go To The Barn Because I Like The[/ame]

here in sioux city, heelen has been accused of those kinds of things. private HS's can basically recruit, and/or "find a job" for the kid's parent just like what happens at the college level. where there's money/prestige to be made, there you'll find people willing to bend the rules of integrity.

OF course it happens everywhere. Even here. And dont give me that BS that kirk runs a clean program because its impossible for him to look after 120 kids. Remember DJK living with a known drug dealer and KF didnt know about it?

Even though it does happen, I don't think that it happens to the extent that it did with SMU. Now, when a team gets caught, they stop doing it while on suspension (in theory). SMU didn't and that's why they got the book thrown at them. It's one thing to be paying players. It's quite another to be caught doing it, and then give the NCAA the finger and keep doing it and that's why they got the death penalty.

Latest posts