Today's Breakout Player

De'Andre Johnson.

I thought in the limited carries he got, he looked as good as McCall and certainly better than Canzeri and Bullock.

Everyone was really excited about this guy before he got hurt, and I thought he looked like he at least belonged out there.

I'm not going to pick one player but rather a unit. If Iowa is going to win this game the offensive line has to play their best game of the season.

Do you think CJ will be a target for JVB or will it be in check downs? If check downs, will JVB have time? I am all for a big game from CJ.

De'Andre Johnson.

I thought in the limited carries he got, he looked as good as McCall and certainly better than Canzeri and Bullock.

Everyone was really excited about this guy before he got hurt, and I thought he looked like he at least belonged out there.

I've been agreeing with a lot of your comments lately. What's up with that? I think DeAndre Johnson is a smaller Coker. He runs tough and while he can't take the pounding that Coker could, I think he will have a better game than Canzeri. I think combined they will have to put up 150 yards and 3 TDs to keep us in the game.

nico law. i think he will have a big impact on special teams and see the field in specialty packages.

Do you think CJ will be a target for JVB or will it be in check downs? If check downs, will JVB have time? I am all for a big game from CJ.

Been saying this for a while, now. My premise is, the TE's need to have at least 15 targets as part of the single back, twin tight and shotgun packages that will need to be emphasized. Quick passes / slants will be the way to exploit the aggressive lb blitz attack that OK will throw at Iowa and basically replace the depleted / unproven rushing game.

To repeat, Iowa - particularly JVB - will simply be overwhelmed trying to run it's slow-developing play-action offense from under center. OK will eliminate MMcN, much like Nebraska (and, somewhat, PSU) were able to do and that leaves the TE's - especially CJ Fed - as really the only option to sustain the offense.

IF JVB delivers and CJ doesn't get the dropsies, I set the + / - for his box at:
-- 6 catches
-- 65 yards

our defensive....or at least someone on that side of the ball. Hopefully a D-lineman with a few sacks.

Latest posts