Today will be an interesting day

I was not a fan of Stallings last time around....probably my mistake.
At least we know he can operate in a BCS conference environment.
He might not be a home run,but at least maybe a double.

I want an up tempo style of coach, please god dont let me watch a team that stands around in the halfcourt and heaves up a 30 footer with 2 seconds on the shot clock! Please! Jon, am I right on this?

You do realize that...

Stallings only has 4 NCAA trips in 11 seasons at Vandy. I don't think that's what Iowa is looking for.

Vanderbilt has a grand total of 11 appearances in school history, Stallings has 4 of them to his credit (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010)? Getting to the NCAA tournament at Vandy 4 times in 10 years is a good job.

I'm not saying that Stallings is THE guy. I'm just saying that he shouldn't be dismissed and is a guy who intrigues me a lot. He has been able to recruit good players/athletes to Vandy, and is a former Big 10 guy.

It will take serious money to get him.

Re: You do realize that...

Vanderbilt has a grand total of 11 appearances in school history, Stallings has 4 of them to his credit (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010)? Getting to the NCAA tournament at Vandy 4 times in 10 years is a good job.

I'm not saying that Stallings is THE guy. I'm just saying that he shouldn't be dismissed and is a guy who intrigues me a lot. He has been able to recruit good players/athletes to Vandy, and is a former Big 10 guy.

I think Stallings would be a very solid hire, but he's not first on my list. Pearl is (obviously) my #1 pick, followed by Scott Drew I think. I'm not sure who else may be established AND realistic. I heard the names Jay Wright, Jamie Dixon, and Ben Howland floated out there the other day. Not sure if they are realistic, but I would be ecstatic with either of them. For the time being, I'm assuming they aren't looking to make a move, but also am not sure what they are making and if we can offer them a much sweeter deal.

It will take big $$$ to land an established coach.

Lick. was a great person. I am sorry it didn't work out for him at Iowa. He has shown in the past that he can coach but sometimes the chemistry is just not right. There has to be a good rapport with the school program. It has been embarassing to see the team play. They just don't have the players to get the job done. Without a change we would be in for more of the same. I hope the next coach will have great success. He will have only one way to go--UP! I don't think he could go down any further than the program already has gone.

Just remember. Appearances in the NCAA was not enough for Mr. Davis.

Stallings has recruiting hurdles (Vandy entrance requirements) to overcome that make it difficult for him to get the athletes he needs to be competative...and has done a great job! Aside from that, not sure why he would leave Nashville for IC.

I have a bad feeling about this. I hope that they do not announce a new coach today, I would be very afraid of who it would be.

Stallings only has 4 NCAA trips in 11 seasons at Vandy. I don't think that's what Iowa is looking for.

sarcasm_detector-710628.jpg

Jon, I suspect the hamsters are going to have to be running double fast in their wheels today to keep your servers powered and running.

I'm just going to throw something out. What about Tony Jones (UT Associate Head Coach) or some other top assistant at a top school??
- Chris Collins, Duke
- Joe Dooley, Kansas
- Steve Robinson, North Carolina
- Mark Montgomery, Michigan State
- Archie Miller, Arizona (Real young, but .. .. )

Just a thought .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
I'm just going to throw something out. What about Tony Jones (UT Associate Head Coach) or some other top assistant at a top school??
- Chris Collins, Duke
- Joe Dooley, Kansas
- Steve Robinson, North Carolina
- Craig Neal, New Mexico (I know .. .. I know .. .. )
- Mark Montgomery, Michigan State
- Archie Miller, Arizona (Real young, but .. .. )

Just a thought .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Please tell me you didn't just say that

I think Stallings would be a very solid hire, but he's not first on my list. Pearl is (obviously) my #1 pick, followed by Scott Drew I think. I'm not sure who else may be established AND realistic. I heard the names Jay Wright, Jamie Dixon, and Ben Howland floated out there the other day. Not sure if they are realistic, but I would be ecstatic with either of them. For the time being, I'm assuming they aren't looking to make a move, but also am not sure what they are making and if we can offer them a much sweeter deal.

It will take big $$$ to land an established coach.

Uhhhh.....I think you'd better shop on the next shelf down my friend.:eek:

If Neal ever leaves Alford, we'll finally see what Alford is made of. At Iowa, Craig carried Alford, imo, and may be doing the same at New Mexico.

If Neal ever leaves Alford, we'll finally see what Alford is made of. At Iowa, Craig carried Alford, imo, and may be doing the same at New Mexico.

So you are really telling us the Alford IS a good coach, because a good coach would surround himself with assistants that are going to make them better:)

Latest posts