To be clear, Iowa has no chance for Indy right? Eddy on radio seemed to think they are still alive

Just a year where we didn't deserve it. Wisconsin beat Michigan and had to play Ohio State so their east division foes were as tough as ours and we lost to the Badgers.

Just a year where we didn't deserve it. Wisconsin beat Michigan and had to play Ohio State so their east division foes were as tough as ours and we lost to the Badgers.

Exactly. It really doesn't even come down to the crossovers when I often get bet out of shape about the possible inequity of them. Had Iowa taken care of business in the division last year, they would have been the champion.

In 2019, if Iowa would have taken care of Wisconsin, they'd only be 1 game behind the Gophers right now with the tiebreaker in their pocket.

Would we really want to play Ohio State potentially? I am all for good competition, but I don't think we have the team to keep up with them this year.

Would we really want to play Ohio State potentially? I am all for good competition, but I don't think we have the team to keep up with them this year.

Absolutely! I'd want Iowa to be the West champion and to see how they did against one of the best teams in the country even if it meant another loss. Iowa would have just as good of a chance to keep up with Ohio State as Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Iowa Hawkeyes – 7-3 (4-3 B1G)
Iowa needs all of the following to play out in order to win the B1G West:

• Defeat Illinois and Nebraska
  • Northwestern defeats Minnesota AND Purdue defeats Wisconsin
  • Wisconsin defeats Minnesota
In this scenario, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin would all have 6-3 B1G records, meaning the tie-breaker goes to division record.

• Iowa 5-1
  • Wisconsin 4-2
  • Minnesota 3-3
With the best B1G West record, Iowa would be headed to Indianapolis without having the head-to-head advantage vs. Wisconsin.

Iowa is eliminated with a loss OR a Minnesota win OR a Wisconsin win over Purdue.
I think this is the same article I saw but Fryowa and Rico set me straight a page or so ago (and others subsequently followed). If i cant believe things i see on Facebook, what can i believe? Next thing you know I wont be able to get all my research from Wikipedia. What a world...

:)

what is really disappointing is the preseason favorite Nebraska isn’t going. BWAAHHHHA. Doesn’t matter who is going this year I see no one in the conference challenging OSU

This will be the legacy of the Ferentz era. We're reduced to being happy someone else doesn't do well. For me, there is another type of joy, and I wish it came with the contract.

This will be the legacy of the Ferentz era. We're reduced to being happy someone else doesn't do well. For me, there is another type of joy, and I wish it came with the contract.
The legacy of the Ferentz Era is that he was able to carry on what his predecessor had begun. There's not many "the man after the man" who have succeeded as well as Ferentz has. If we can sweep Illinois and Nebraska and win the bowl game, it'll be another 10 win season and will mark the 47th win in the last 5 years. That's 9.4 wins per year and a .712 win %. I'm sorry, but even the most ardent Ferentz hater has to tip the cap there....not even Hayden managed to have that kind of sustained success at the end of his tenure.

The legacy of the Ferentz Era is that he was able to carry on what his predecessor had begun. There's not many "the man after the man" who have succeeded as well as Ferentz has. If we can sweep Illinois and Nebraska and win the bowl game, it'll be another 10 win season and will mark the 47th win in the last 5 years. That's 9.4 wins per year and a .712 win %. I'm sorry, but even the most ardent Ferentz hater has to tip the cap there....not even Hayden managed to have that kind of sustained success at the end of his tenure.
Yeah, that's getting it done.

Latest posts