TMZ alleges Winston point shaving vs. LVL

ICHawk24

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis-winston-allegations-point-shaving-louisville-chris-rabb/

New reports have surfaced alleging Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was involved in a point shaving scheme to help an old high school teammate win a $5,000 bet.

According to the report, Winston tanked the 1st half of the FSU vs. Louisville game on October 30th ... after his buddy Chris Rabb allegedly placed a bet for Louisville to be winning at halftime.

Winston's play in the 1st half was atrocious ... and FSU was down 21-7.

FSU eventually came back and won the game -- but according to the report, the final score had no bearing on Rabb's bet.

FYI -- point shaving is illegal and punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

So far, it's unclear if law enforcement is investigating -- but we're working to find out if that's the case.

7:55 AM PT -- We spoke with a rep for the FBI who tells us, "We are the agency that would investigate these claims."

However, when we asked if there was an active investigation into Jameis ... the FBI told us, "I can neither confirm nor deny that we are investigating allegations of point shaving."

I am certainly no fan of this guy but I can't see him being such an idiot as to risk jail time for a friend to win 5k. Dude makes more than that selling autographs in a weekend.

Also, the whole thing seems to be based upon a guy who made a bet being friends with the QB of a team involved in game. The friend says it didn't happen and the case goes Poof.

If true, that's pretty badass. Gotta have a lot of confidence to go down 21 on the road and still know you can comeback and pull it out. I had FSU -4 in this game and felt like if anyone was shaving points it was Petrino with his terrible second half coaching.

This sounds too dumb to be true*.

* Of course, not the first time that's been said about Winston, so...

Winston and FSU have a pattern of playing poorly in the first halves of games this year...trailing in most of their games. Now, that could bolster their case that the Louisville game was just typical for them, or it could actually be a pattern that suggests more shaving.

It is almost inconceivable he would be this dumb ,but his track record suggests it is possible.

It would be laughable in a sense if Winston does time for this instead of the rape.

This point-shaving incident , even if true, is imo easy to forgive-- football is only a game, he would've done a buddy (not the mob) a favor, and still pulled out the game for his team. Kids can get caught up in such things, particularly if there's no victim.

In summary, it appears to be only a matter of time before Jameis rapes the oats he forcibly sowed.

It would be laughable in a sense if Winston does time for this instead of the rape.

This point-shaving incident , even if true, is imo easy to forgive-- football is only a game, he would've done a buddy (not the mob) a favor, and still pulled out the game for his team. Kids can get caught up in such things, particularly if there's no victim.

In summary, it appears to be only a matter of time before Jameis rapes the oats he forcibly sowed.

So the person who lost money on the bet because it was fixed isn't a victim?

Last edited:
So they person who lost money on the bet because it was fixed isn't a victim?

If someone lost money on this game, they were not victimized because CFB is an amateur sport played by kids. If this took place in the nfl, my position would be different.

Also, this is just my worldview-- I do NOT insist that others see it this way.

So they person who lost money on the bet because it was fixed isn't a victim?

What was the first half spread? Couldn't have been FSU by more than a point or two, Winston wasn't playing defense for Florida St who allowed L'Ville to put up 21 points even with a goalline stand early in the game. Winston also wasn't the FSU RB who fumbled at the goalline that led to the Seminole's lucky first half TD. The sharps were all over L'ville in this game, whoever lost this bet made a dumb public play. Not a victim.

What was the first half spread? Couldn't have been FSU by more than a point or two, Winston wasn't playing defense for Florida St who allowed L'Ville to put up 21 points even with a goalline stand early in the game. Winston also wasn't the FSU RB who fumbled at the goalline that led to the Seminole's lucky first half TD. The sharps were all over L'ville in this game, whoever lost this bet made a dumb public play. Not a victim.

"This point-shaving incident , even if true, is imo easy to forgive-- football is only a game, he would've done a buddy (not the mob) a favor, and still pulled out the game for his team. Kids can get caught up in such things, particularly if there's no victim. "

I'm not arguing the betting line or the play of the FSU defense. But the idea that Winston shaved points and if he did there are no victims is ridiculous. Just as a general rule of thumb in my life, if the FBI is getting involved in my personal or professional business I've done screwed up pretty good.

Last edited:
"This point-shaving incident , even if true, is imo easy to forgive-- football is only a game, he would've done a buddy (not the mob) a favor, and still pulled out the game for his team. Kids can get caught up in such things, particularly if there's no victim. "

I'm not arguing the betting line or the play of the FSU defense. But the idea that Winston shaved points and if he did there are no victims is ridiculous. Just as a general rule of thumb in my life, if the FBI is getting involved in my person or professional business I've done screwed up pretty good.

I've accused many a college football player of shaving points after I lost a bet, doesn't mean they actually did. I still think Arizona's kicker Casey Skowron threw their game against USC this year.

Don't know if I am completely buying this story. That being said, if I am a NFL franchise there is enough smoke that it just adds to the list of the things that make me not go near this dude.

Latest posts