Tip the cap to Michigan, they are just a better football team

HaydenHawk56

The Iowa defense is more than formidable, but not invincible and it can't do it all on it's own.

It is hard to win titles when you have two arms and two legs tied behind your back on offense.

Michigan does not have this problem and that is why they won this game and the Title this year.

Idk if Michigan can run the ball against Georgia. Average against Iowa so probably not

The Iowa defense is more than formidable, but not invincible and it can't do it all on it's own.

It is hard to win titles when you have two arms and two legs tied behind your back on offense.

Michigan does not have this problem and that is why they won this game and the Title this year.
No way.

Michigan will be blown out by any team in the playoff. We are so inept on offense good teams can do anything and take any chance against us.

If we knew the defensive playcalls I doubt it would help is.

Why not go for it on 4th deep in your own territory? We all know Iowa won’t get 7.

You don't think the IA defense is formidable?
Not even close to the level of Georgia, Michigan, or Alabama. Those teams’ defenses are miles ahead of where we’re at.

Like Stanford 2015 we got exposed against a real team which we hadn’t played to that point in the season.

Not even close to the level of Georgia, Michigan, or Alabama. Those teams’ defenses are miles ahead of where we’re at.

Like Stanford 2015 we got exposed against a real team which we hadn’t played to that point in the season.
The trick plays was really frustrating to see....really disappointing. That is why I said this defense is not invincible....it was suspectable to giving up the big play on downfield passing plays this year. However, I thought the Iowa defense (outside of a couple of long runs) did a great job against Haskins.

But, it is hard to be out on the field so long against a good offense when your offensive is doing jack shit. Also, you might as well say 14 of Michigan's points came off of a punt block and a tipped interception in garbage time.

But, Michigan did drive the field a couple of times on our defense....but again....when your offense is doing jack shit.

I still think Iowa defense is good, but it can't do it alone. And our special teams that have been good were not good last night. Jones did not help us (nor his replacement) on fielding punts. And a blocked kick and missed field goal. Ugh.

Iowa defense also got 2 interceptions (one in garbage time at the end of the half) and probably should have got a couple more. All of those interceptions this year was exceptional.....you have to be a good defense to do those things.

But I think that is what we can be. The Michigan or Stanford and not the Iowa in that equation. Yes, will lose to a good Clemson, LSU, Georgia, or Alabama team. Probably not beat OSU in the B1G championship game most times but but we can stop the ass whippings.

Need some change though. Look what Baylor did in one year. 9th place to winning the Championship game. Knew what needed to be done and did it. New OC and other pieces. I think KF knows or he should know what needs to be done. No reason they can't do it quick themselves. Yes, there are reasons it won't be done so probably stupid to say no reason. :(

But I think that is what we can be. The Michigan or Stanford and not the Iowa in that equation. Yes, will lose to a good Clemson, LSU, Georgia, or Alabama team. Probably not beat OSU in the B1G championship game most times but but we can stop the ass whippings.

Need some change though. Look what Baylor did in one year. 9th place to winning the Championship game. Knew what needed to be done and did it. New OC and other pieces. I think KF knows or he should know what needs to be done. No reason they can't do it quick themselves. Yes, there are reasons it won't be done so probably stupid to say no reason. :(
The thing with Baylor though is they play in a Charmin Ultra Soft conference. Oklahoma isn’t what it used to be, and Texas is a non factor.

The Hawks will always have to outdo either OSU or Michigan no matter what, and most years MSU and PSU are almost as stout. Like being in the SEC, if your name isn’t Alabama or Georgia you’re basically relegated to the back seat permanently.

The thing with Baylor though is they play in a Charmin Ultra Soft conference. Oklahoma isn’t what it used to be, and Texas is a non factor.

The Hawks will always have to outdo either OSU or Michigan no matter what, and most years MSU and PSU are almost as stout. Like being in the SEC, if your name isn’t Alabama or Georgia you’re basically relegated to the back seat permanently.
Not in the West though. I'd be on your side more if they were in the East.

Not in the West though. I'd be on your side more if they were in the East.
To win the Big Ten we have to beat the East teams. And that is almost insurmountable given their huge recruiting advantage. Again, Iowa only had one, maybe two players who’d start at Michigan. That’s impossible to overcome without lucking into it

Still we could do what Baylor did. Don't compare the conferences just the necessary changes that made them go from 9th to the championship game the next year. We could make good changes and go from getting stomped by Michigan and Stanford to close games with them that come down to the end.

Not saying we will be in the CFP or beat Alabama, Ohio State, and good Clemson teams etc. but are you saying we can't get to competing with a team like this years Michigan when we get them in a Championship game. No doubt if we had done what Baylor did as far as changes somewhat as successfully that would not have been a 14-3 game at half and we would have been right there and it would have gone down to the wire and we might have held on just like Baylor did.

All the realignment talk amongst the BIG comes from them and it's easy to see why. Those two usually fight it out for 2nd to 4th place however you wanna look at it. Now that Michigan is back it's just that much tougher for them and that is a bitch of a division no doubt about it.