Tip o' the cap to Marcus Coker

If I were him I would consider transferring...

Don't be surprised if we see a mini-exodus after this season. Not on D. Why, after all, transfer when you are getting PT you couldn't get anywhere else?

I woud be concerned with Coker and Rudock leaving.

But back to the positive, Marcus was an absolute MONSTER yesterday. Should he remain at Iowa, he will be climbing up the rushing ranks/charts very quickly.

Don't be surprised if we see a mini-exodus after this season. Not on D. Why, after all, transfer when you are getting PT you couldn't get anywhere else?

I woud be concerned with Coker and Rudock leaving.

But back to the positive, Marcus was an absolute MONSTER yesterday. Should he remain at Iowa, he will be climbing up the rushing ranks/charts very quickly.

Why would you think that? If they tansfer, they have to sit a year right? If thats correct Coker would have to sit out his JR year. Also and I know this is hard for some fans to fathom, did'nt he come here for our programs of study? I have read about his mother and about his studies and he is a smart kid and being brought up like he was, he seems like the type to stick rather than bail. I think he is going to make not only a great RB at Iowa but a good student and citizen, as well as a great leader on this team. Harty: No questioning Coker?s quality | Hawk Central

Oh and btw, we will have a very good O again next year. So these coaches better be figuring out a way to get some DL action going on, if thats juco fine, whatever it takes, otherwise it will be wasted again next year.

Last edited:
Why would you think that? If they tansfer, they have to sit a year right? If thats correct Coker would have to sit out his JR year. Also and I know this is hard for some fans to fathom, did'nt he come here for our programs of study? I have read about his mother and about his studies and he is a smart kid and being brought up like he was, he seems like the type to stick rather than bail. I think he is going to make not only a great RB at Iowa but a good student and citizen, as well as a great leader on this team. Harty: No questioning Coker?s quality | Hawk Central

Oh and btw, we will have a very good O again next year. So these coaches better be figuring out a way to get some DL action going on, if thats juco fine, whatever it takes, otherwise it will be wasted again next year.

I don't think it will necessarily happen, but what we saw yesterday HAS to be frustrating to our younger guys that aren't getting PT.

I am usually an apologist for this team/program. What I saw yesterday REALLY has me questioning the talent on this team. ANY basic game plan should beat Minnesota. ONLY crappy execution would prevent that.

With regard to transferring, I was really responding to the post saying he might/should consider it. I certainly don't advocate it. He was one of a VERY small number of bright spots yesterday.

I don't think it will necessarily happen, but what we saw yesterday HAS to be frustrating to our younger guys that aren't getting PT.

I am usually an apologist for this team/program. What I saw yesterday REALLY has me questioning the talent on this team. ANY basic game plan should beat Minnesota. ONLY crappy execution would prevent that.

With regard to transferring, I was really responding to the post saying he might/should consider it. I certainly don't advocate it. He was one of a VERY small number of bright spots yesterday.

I get ya. Yes our O left ALOT out on the field yesterday and I see everyone complaining about our O today, BUT 21 points should have been enough to beat MN. MN has only scored more than 22 points on two other teams this year. Miami (OH) 29 points and North Dakota State 24. That tells me our D is about as good as a FCS team. Like I said our O left alot out there, but we are going nowhere when our D is only as good as North Dakota State.

Yeah I dont want Coker to transfer....but if I was an out of state kid with no real conncection to Iowa...I could.see it. Especially Rudock.it amazes me that Florida kids would willingly spend their winters.this.far north.

Kind of eerie how Minnesota won the game at the Bank in similar fashion a year ago, and it seemed as though we were just flat as can be, save for one player (last year it was DJK, this year it was Coker).

I thought about this too at the start of this thread. Very bizarre.

Latest posts