Time for this Coaching Staff and Team to Put Up or Shut Up

ChosenChildren

Beat Penn State. Period. Night game at Kinnick. Home crowd. National television. Win the game, and you have a relevant team. Lose, and you are playing for a minor bowl. I''m sorry, but nobody cares about the Holiday Bowl or the Gator Bowl any more.

I'm just tired of the excuses. This is Kirk's 21st season. There is talent on this team. We have a good defense. We have some playmakers on offense, including Goodson, who needs to play more, not less. We were supposed to have a good OLine. Prove it. And please game plan to give your QB a chance. He is not mobile.

We were outcoached against Michigan. Badly. Circle the wagons and beat Penn State. They are beatable. This is a must win. Michigan came out and threw the kitchen sink at us. Why can't we do the same thing to Penn State? We really owe Penn State a beatdown, and I'm sick of their arrogant coach, pedophile enabling program and zombie fans. Time to kick their ass. I want to see an angry, focused team come out of that tunnel against Penn State. They should be pissed off after that disastrous game against Michigan. One game can define a season and a program. That game is this Saturday.

I think they'll be ready to go on Saturday. I doubt it will be a beat down, but I think they'll come out on top over the Nittany Lions.

I expect Iowa to come out ready to play and play a good game. Penn State is playing extremely well right now and is a top 10 level team so it’s not going to be easy. Hopefully we come out on the right side.

Beat Penn State. Period. Night game at Kinnick. Home crowd. National television. Win the game, and you have a relevant team. Lose, and you are playing for a minor bowl. I''m sorry, but nobody cares about the Holiday Bowl or the Gator Bowl any more.

I'm just tired of the excuses. This is Kirk's 21st season. There is talent on this team. We have a good defense. We have some playmakers on offense, including Goodson, who needs to play more, not less. We were supposed to have a good OLine. Prove it. And please game plan to give your QB a chance. He is not mobile.

We were outcoached against Michigan. Badly. Circle the wagons and beat Penn State. They are beatable. This is a must win. Michigan came out and threw the kitchen sink at us. Why can't we do the same thing to Penn State? We really owe Penn State a beatdown, and I'm sick of their arrogant coach, pedophile enabling program and zombie fans. Time to kick their ass. I want to see an angry, focused team come out of that tunnel against Penn State. They should be pissed off after that disastrous game against Michigan. One game can define a season and a program. That game is this Saturday.
The first "game to define the season" opportunity was Saturday, Iowa laid a big KirkEgg.

Iowa was out-coached, befuddled, and embarrassed.

Iowa needs top level coaching Saturday to avoid having the "big season" burn into a pile of ashes leading to an invitation to the Pinstripe Bowl or one of its ilk.

The scUM loss falls squarely on the coaching staff. As do most of our losses do. Rarely can an Iowa loss be blamed on players. The coaches do not put our players in a position to succeed. And when your athleticism is not as good as your opponents bad things happen.

The nay syaers will bring up the tOSU blow out. But I say that was the heart of the seniors coming out. We won despite our coaches.

As many have said...Iowa was completely out-coached in Ann Arbor. Period. It exposed Stanley's weaknesses but the Coaches own a good part of what happened to him. Polasek, in particular. Our O line was confused.

I dont blame the players, they are young men trying as hard as they can. I can put more blame on the coaches for not having them ready or not scouting and preparing well.

Agreed. The coaches didn't have them ready and then didn't make any adjustments to Michigan's defensive pressure.

Polasek, in particular. Our O line was confused.
Careful.

You're gonna make the boss elf mad.

Capture.jpg

8924ab_0328b3894746494f9c27f3b39d8bd583.webp

I dont blame the players, they are young men trying as hard as they can. I can put more blame on the coaches for not having them ready or not scouting and preparing well.
I agree. And that is totally inexcusable when they had essentially three weeks to get ready for that team. ALL on the coaching staff - this team was not ready to play Saturday, period.

The nay syaers will bring up the tOSU blow out. But I say that was the heart of the seniors coming out. We won despite our coaches.

The OSU blowout was partly a mirage because OSU is one of the few teams that hasnt blitzed us heavy and loaded the box over the past 5-10 years. OSU tried rushing 4 and then Bosa got thrown out. Maybe OSU was exposed some in the secondary because they lost a lot of starters from the year before.

Anyway, that same year the hawks put 50 on Nebby and had 2 other high scoring games but also had problems scoring points against teams with a decent defense that pressured our LOS.

I agree. And that is totally inexcusable when they had essentially three weeks to get ready for that team. ALL on the coaching staff - this team was not ready to play Saturday, period.
This shit is getting annoying. The defense was fantastic, they came to play. The offensive line was absolute fucking trash. Hot garbage. Polasek, and to an extent BF, clearly didn’t have the OL ready to play. 90% of that loss was on them, 8% on BF for not calling anything or hell, trying anything at all, to work around the OL mishaps, and 2% on Stanley because maybe he could have made a play or two, but he was put in a terrible position.

It's pretty simple. Brian Ferentz is in over his head, period. Nate Stanley is at best an average qb, unless we are playing the bottom feeders in the conference, or a MAC team, then he pads his stats. He has had 2 big wins in his career... OSU, and MSU. Other than that he chokes in big games. There is no excuse for what we saw on the field Saturday. The offense was unprepared, and that falls on Brian. 13th run defense in the conference and we try and throw all day against the 3rd ranked pass defense in the nation. Makes sense. Polasek is an OC, Kirk moved him to Oline, and promoted Brian for no reason at all other than he is his kid. Now we are seeing the absurdity of it all. Brian will have a great plan for Saturday I'm sure. We had our chance to be relevant against a mediocre Michigan team, and shit the bed again.

It's pretty simple. Brian Ferentz is in over his head, period. Nate Stanley is at best an average qb, unless we are playing the bottom feeders in the conference, or a MAC team, then he pads his stats. He has had 2 big wins in his career... OSU, and MSU. Other than that he chokes in big games. There is no excuse for what we saw on the field Saturday. The offense was unprepared, and that falls on Brian. 13th run defense in the conference and we try and throw all day against the 3rd ranked pass defense in the nation. Makes sense. Polasek is an OC, Kirk moved him to Oline, and promoted Brian for no reason at all other than he is his kid. Now we are seeing the absurdity of it all. Brian will have a great plan for Saturday I'm sure. We had our chance to be relevant against a mediocre Michigan team, and shit the bed again.

The boss's son was thoroughly outcoached by the wise old owl on the other sideline. Hawks were ill prepared for the bright lights of the big stage,.Polasek and BF should back up to the paymaster next payday.

Latest posts