Time for honor to win and mean something......vs Danslimieo

HawkRight

Remember a few years ago.....!!! MSU is lacking honor bug time!

[FONT=proxima_regular]TheHawkeyes’ playbook is filled with slant routes for receiver Marvin McNutt,through-the-line rushes by tailback Marcus Coker, nickel defenses and, yes,there’s even a page or two devoted to blitzing the quarterback.[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_regular]Butfeigning injury for the purpose of catching your breath?[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“Won’thappen,†defensive end Broderick Binns said Tuesday. “We have more respect forthe game than that. It’s just not something we’re taught to do here. We’retaught to get up and play the next play, no matter what happens.â€[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]Whetherthat’s the situation at other schools is debatable. Some questioned MichiganState’s injury-related clock-stoppings while Iowa attempted to rally Saturdayat Kinnick Stadium.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]Atleast five Spartan players left the game for injuries in the third and fourthquarters of a game Michigan State won 37-21. At least two returned aftersitting out just one play.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“Believeit or not, they were legitimate injuries,†Spartan coach Mark Dantonio said onthe Big Ten Conference teleconference Tuesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]Iowafans booed when Michigan State’s clock-stopping became a trend. Hawkeye playerswondered.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“Theyseemed like they were just falling down. It looked suspicious,†cornerbackMicah Hyde said. “We had some momentum, and they wanted to stop the clock sothey could get their rest, but that has nothing to do with the game.â€[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]Atleast one Michigan State player didn’t deny what happened.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“Whenthe offense is moving like that, the smart move is to go down and just takeyour time and don’t kind of rush through it, and that’s what we did,†defensivetackle Jerel Worthy told the Lansing State Journal after the game.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“Ithink everybody noticed. Iowa fans don’t like it. They’re a rowdy crowd, butyou’ve got to have fun with it. I had fun with it. I got a lot of heckling, butit just adds fuel to the fire.â€[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]ScottChipman, the Big Ten’s assistant commissioner for communications, said in anemail that the conference is not looking into the situation.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]Iowacoach Kirk Ferentz said Tuesday that he has a tape of the game, but asking theconference to investigate isn’t likely.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_regular]“I’vegot it on my desk, but I’m not planning to send it in,†said Ferentz, whoseteam tries to rebound during Saturday’s 11 a.m. game at Purdue. “What goodwould it do?[/FONT]