Time for Barta to Make another brilliant move

longtimer

No I'm not suggesting firing McCaffrey. On the contrary I think he needs another extension. It may take awhile to get us back to that level of making the tournament and winning a game every once in awhile. OK I know I have never been a huge McCaffrey fan. Not a good recruiter, Lot of problems teaching defense and really has put together a poor staff that does stay with him a long time primarily because no one else wants them

A couple of 3rd place finishes in the Big Ten with no success in either the Big Ten Tournament or THE tournament over an 11 year span is a standard that just doesn't inspire.

As mediocre as McCaffrey is Barta even comes in at a lower level. How he keeps his job is really interesting!

It's going to be a long year not only next winter but for some time to come. Hopefully this Damn pandemic will end and travel will be a bit easier. The beach is sounding better and better!

Always a bridesmaid, never the bride.

A brilliant move for Barta would be first to go to a local dentist. Perhaps that would straighten him out some and help him with making better monetary decisions moving forward.

No I'm not suggesting firing McCaffrey. On the contrary I think he needs another extension. It may take awhile to get us back to that level of making the tournament and winning a game every once in awhile. OK I know I have never been a huge McCaffrey fan. Not a good recruiter, Lot of problems teaching defense and really has put together a poor staff that does stay with him a long time primarily because no one else wants them

A couple of 3rd place finishes in the Big Ten with no success in either the Big Ten Tournament or THE tournament over an 11 year span is a standard that just doesn't inspire.

As mediocre as McCaffrey is Barta even comes in at a lower level. How he keeps his job is really interesting!

It's going to be a long year not only next winter but for some time to come. Hopefully this Damn pandemic will end and travel will be a bit easier. The beach is sounding better and better!
How do you know Fran needs an extention? Did Margaret tell that?

“So Margaret how long of an extension does Fran need?”

1618893586077.jpeg

You want to give an extension to a coach now who despises The Portal. Risky!

Coaches going forward will be tasked with proving they can manage The Portal, transfers and roster holes. Keeping adequate depth at positions with a transient roster. This is a new attribute that will be required of coaches going forward. Some may not do well.

The extension is a head scratcher. The body of work was less than average at a school like Iowa. I guess on the bright side Fran will be able to coach all of his boys.