Time for a New Arena?

anybody know how to downsize an image. I've got a bunch of pics from the initial construction project brochure that might be interesting. When I try to upload I get a "file too large" error. They're just cell phone pics

There is a Reverse Image Search extention you can use on Chrome and Firefox

Tineye Reverse Image Search
is available on both

Just right click on an image and usually you can choose from different sizes

Somebody smarter than me help hawkdrummer1 out. He’s got some super interesting stuff that we all want to see. He’s gone to a bunch of effort; let’s get this done.

I send em to myself via email and then downsize thru paint to the smallest (thumbnail) option. Some still won't up load here. Maybe I should just do a youtube vid and link

img-0552-jpg.5210

I just clicked on the thumbnail

It showed this image

I right clicked and clicked on copy image

they either need to change the name of the court to Chris Street Court, could still be sponsored by mediascum, or build a new arena with the Street name.

If we flip the coin, imagine how insane the women's games would have been with a modern arena?

Two decks, with steeper seating would do a few things.

Fans would have a better view, they'd be closer to the game, and it'd be much, much louder.

You'd have easier access to bathrooms and concessions.

A modern layout like that would also discourage the blue haired, "SIT DOWN IN FRONT!!" folks like @HuckFinn and @ClintonIAfan from attending. I don't care if you're a 50 year season ticket holder who graduated from the U in 1959 or not, If I want to stand up and yell, I'm gonna stand up and yell. Stay home and watch it in your MediEquip chair. Right now, we have to rely on attrition to shrink that demograhic.
You just summed up the typical CHA experience

I wish that the AD would try seating students behind the bench and give us some kind of homecourt advantage. Why is it everywhere else in the BIG they can do this? Iowa is screwing themselves by not investing in a student experience that will develop the future donors when the current ones assume room temp. Its sad watching the BIG Student section commercial when they show the huge student sections going crazy from other schools and a 1 second glimpse of a lonely Iowa student.Pathetic

Move the Hope Lodge and Ronald McDonald House, clear out the area between Hawkins and CHA, and, viola.

More than enough room for the arena and tons of parking.

Move the Hope Lodge and RMDH? That’s pretty cold man.

If I understand the behind the scene politics correctly.......There won't be a new arena anytime soon. It will take at least another 10-20 years before a new arena will even be considered. A charismatic AD might be able to pull something off, but we will see once Barta leaves.

Move the Hope Lodge and RMDH? That’s pretty cold man.
Why? I didn’t say get rid of them.

They could both be moved to the open area just south of CHA. Build the new ones before closing the old ones, new facilities with better parking, I don’t see the drawback here.

So tell me why moving the Hope Lodge and RMDH would be “pretty cold, man.”

Or are you just looking for something to get triggered about?

Last edited:

Latest posts