Tim Teabow or Cam Newton

MrCloseShave

I can't decide. Teabow is going against the worst D in the league for fantasy points against qb's(Patriots). Cam Newton is going against the 2nd best D in the leauge vs qb's (Houston).

What the hell do I do?

Newton projected points 17
Teabow projected points 20

I assume your league has a clutch points category. Tebow should throw about an additional 15 points there, so take Timmy. You're also choosing good over evil, which is a bonus.

Fantasy fb question

I know, Tim is good for AT LEAST 14 points this week. Depends on your league, and the position you are in. Phillips has been rejuvinated going from a losing HC to a lower role in DC at the Texans...... hmm i guess it is possible to go from HC to DC and be successful (for the stoops doubters)!

Phillips gets Assistant COY, in my opinion. Fox gets HC COY. Timmy will get 2-3 tds and 200 yards this weekend.

I know, Tim is good for AT LEAST 14 points this week. Depends on your league, and the position you are in. Phillips has been rejuvinated going from a losing HC to a lower role in DC at the Texans...... hmm i guess it is possible to go from HC to DC and be successful (for the stoops doubters)!

Phillips gets Assistant COY, in my opinion. Fox gets HC COY. Timmy will get 2-3 tds and 200 yards this weekend.

And Cam is good or 20 every single week with basic standard scoring. He's the 2nd highest scorer in FFB all season...dont see how you can bench him now

There's no way in hell Fox should get coach of the year. He nearly ruined their season by keeping Timmy down the first five games of the year. Don't mistake Tebow's amazing clutch ability for Fox being a good coach.

Mike McCarthy will run away with coach of the year, followed by Harbaugh.

There's no way in hell Fox should get coach of the year. He nearly ruined their season by keeping Timmy down the first five games of the year. Don't mistake Tebow's amazing clutch ability for Fox being a good coach.

Mike McCarthy will run away with coach of the year, followed by Harbaugh.

Have you seen Denver's Defense? Tebow is not the only one putting in work a mile above sea level. Harbaugh will give him a run for it, but the 49ers were in much better shape than what McDaniels left for Fox. Some are even saying Tebow for MVP, but the trophy should go to the defense.

Have you seen Denver's Defense? Tebow is not the only one putting in work a mile above sea level. Harbaugh will give him a run for it, but the 49ers were in much better shape than what McDaniels left for Fox. Some are even saying Tebow for MVP, but the trophy should go to the defense.

Well there really shouldn't be any debate about that. It's between him and Rodgers and its scary to think what Tebow would do with Rodgers supporting cast. I guarantee Rodgers wouldn't be 7-1 with this sorry Broncos team that Tebow is carrying on his back.

Tebow throws the ugliest ball in the NFL. He continually gets bailed out by his receivers making great catches and it's only a matter of time before the law of averages catches up to him.

You play Cam Newton. He has more potential to score higher.

The highest Tebow has scored is 23. Cam is averaging 22.5.

Is it possible that Tebow scores more points than Cam this week? Sure. Is it likely? No.

I dislike Cam Newton from college. I really really disliked him.
I actually think Tebow is a good person and easier to respect, but if you are playing to win... You will play Cam.

You play Cam Newton. He has more potential to score higher.

The highest Tebow has scored is 23. Cam is averaging 22.5.

Is it possible that Tebow scores more points than Cam this week? Sure. Is it likely? No.

I dislike Cam Newton from college. I really really disliked him.
I actually think Tebow is a good person and easier to respect, but if you are playing to win... You will play Cam.

Average Opponents defensive Yds/game and pts/game

sCam:
Pts: 18
Yds: 20

Tebow:
Pts: 19
Yds: 15

sCam's best four defensive opponents:

wk 3 vs Jags L 16-10
wk 6 vs Falcons L 31-17
wk 10 vs Titans L 30-3
wk 14 vs Falcons L 31-23

avg points for sCam: 13.25
avg yds for sCam: 221
total tds for sCam: 4 (3 passing; 1 rush vs ATL in wk 6)
total INT's for sCam: 6

Tebow's best four defensive opponents:

wk 7 miami W 18-15
wk 11 Jets W 17-13
wk 12 SD W 16- 13
wk 14 Bears W 13-10

avg points for Tebow: 16
avg yds for Tebow: 143
total tds for Tebow: 5 (3 passing; 2 rush in wks 10 & 11)
total INT's for Tebow: 1

Problem for FFB people that have to make this decision is that Tebow is not facing the "best" defense this week, they're arguably the worst. Pats currently rank 14th in Points and 31st in yards given up. While sCam faces his best opponent of the year defensively (texans are #4 in pts & #1 in yards given up).

sCams best opponent to date was the Jags defensively(#4 in yds & #7 in pts), where the Panthers mustered 10 points offensively and sCam got 157 yds passing with one TD.

Tebows worst defense he faced was Minnesota, where the Broncos blitzed the vikings for 35 points and Tebow himself had his best passing performance with 202 yds and 2 tds. Minnesota (statistically) is very similar to NE (statisitcally) on the defense side of the ball.

I'm not saying Tebow wins the game, but he is the pick between the two, statistically. The Pats failed to keep the colts below 20 pts. In Fact, they have kept only 3/13 opponents below 17 points scored.

Just Saying, I didn't just randomly pick Tebow :)

Average Opponents defensive Yds/game and pts/game

sCam:
Pts: 18
Yds: 20

Tebow:
Pts: 19
Yds: 15

sCam's best four defensive opponents:

wk 3 vs Jags L 16-10
wk 6 vs Falcons L 31-17
wk 10 vs Titans L 30-3
wk 14 vs Falcons L 31-23

avg points for sCam: 13.25
avg yds for sCam: 221
total tds for sCam: 4 (3 passing; 1 rush vs ATL in wk 6)
total INT's for sCam: 6

Tebow's best four defensive opponents:

wk 7 miami W 18-15
wk 11 Jets W 17-13
wk 12 SD W 16- 13
wk 14 Bears W 13-10

avg points for Tebow: 16
avg yds for Tebow: 143
total tds for Tebow: 5 (3 passing; 2 rush in wks 10 & 11)
total INT's for Tebow: 1

Problem for FFB people that have to make this decision is that Tebow is not facing the "best" defense this week, they're arguably the worst. Pats currently rank 14th in Points and 31st in yards given up. While sCam faces his best opponent of the year defensively (texans are #4 in pts & #1 in yards given up).

sCams best opponent to date was the Jags defensively(#4 in yds & #7 in pts), where the Panthers mustered 10 points offensively and sCam got 157 yds passing with one TD.

Tebows worst defense he faced was Minnesota, where the Broncos blitzed the vikings for 35 points and Tebow himself had his best passing performance with 202 yds and 2 tds. Minnesota (statistically) is very similar to NE (statisitcally) on the defense side of the ball.

I'm not saying Tebow wins the game, but he is the pick between the two, statistically. The Pats failed to keep the colts below 20 pts. In Fact, they have kept only 3/13 opponents below 17 points scored.

Just Saying, I didn't just randomly pick Tebow :)

/thread ender?

Tebow it is!

Cam

Texans clinched their division, so I doubt they play with the same fire. Newtwon will have his usual 270, 2 TD, 2 Int performance. Broncos have a couple of starters out in their secondary and the Pats, unlike the woeful Bears, will throw the ball. I see the Pats piling up points early and forcing Tebow out of the conservative, play it safe mode.

Latest posts