Thursday Link Log

ESPN's Adam Rittenberg has 2 pieces about the Hawks

Big Ten Picks - LINK

Big Ten things to watch: week 8 - LINK

AND

The Lansing State Journal has a nice piece recapping the history of Iowa/Mich. St. last-minute thrillers - LINK

Last edited:
Wow, I really want to email that guy but it's just not worth taking the bait. This guy is completely clueless.

I thought the same thing. He has to be baiting someone, right? I mean, no one is that dumb. He listed Iowa as one of the soft teams that Penn State has played. Either he is really bad at being facetious, trying to get a rise, or is simply incompetent.

I think he's clearly baiting, hoping to get something amusing that he can put in his next column. Resist the urge to give him new material!

7-0 Iowa, 6-1 Penn State are nothing special - Detroit News - Bob Wojnowski

Says Iowa is the "worst 7-0 team in Big Ten history." Move over Cowherd! Hawkeye Nation has a new public enemy #1?

I'm not saying the Hawkeyes are stuck in the past. I'm saying they seem intent on swiping the Big Ten title with such rudimentary strategies as "tackling" and "picking up loose footballs" and "hoping the other team misses field goals."?

Does the word "duh" come to mind to anyone else?

That's along the lines of saying Iowa's intent on swiping the Big Ten title with such rudimentary strategy as scoring more points than their opponent.

copy of my message to Bobby:
Us backwoods backwards Hawkeyes love it when we get to read articles talking about our teams by you super-cool big-city types. It lets us know we are relevant before we go back outside to feed the cows and milk the chickens. I hope we win by 1 point on a miracle, just so you can come back on Monday morning and slap yourself on the back for being so right about us. We'd love to be the worst 8-0 team in the history of the Big Ten! BWS, DM

Latest posts