Thursday and Friday Night CFB Games

Are you planning on heading to any road games? I am seriously considering making the trip to the Rose Bowl for the Friday night game against UCLA.
I have been in every BT stadium up until the new expansion. Several visits to Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan State. I have been in the Rose Bowl. Sadly, I need to attend away games where the stadium provides hand rails. That has really limited my ability to do away games. Hard for me to believe accommodations are not available in many venues. Michigan gets it. The Big House added hand rails in the biggest stadium in the BT recently. Like, throughout! I live a couple of hours from Madison, have access to 4 seats on the 35 yard line for free. But, I can’t go any more. Yes my seats in Kinnick and CHA provide hand rails.

I have been in every BT stadium up until the new expansion. Several visits to Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan State. I have been in the Rose Bowl. Sadly, I need to attend away games where the stadium provides hand rails. That has really limited my ability to do away games. Hard for me to believe accommodations are not available in many venues. Michigan gets it. The Big House added hand rails in the biggest stadium in the BT recently. Like, throughout! I live a couple of hours from Madison, have access to 4 seats on the 35 yard line for free. But, I can’t go any more. Yes my seats in Kinnick and CHA provide hand rails.
No hand rails at a stadium owned by a University? How is that not an ADA violation? Paging @okeefe4prez

I don’t want to play North Dakota State. And, I had no idea Tim Polasek is their head coach. Interesting. I would take their QB in a New York minute.
Yep, Tim's third stint with the team I think. I assume OL, then obviously OC, now HC. And yeah, their QB has had a good night.

I was reminded, as I watch IL and Rutgers roll up points as did Arkansas and Mizzou, that so often we see Iowa then roll up 24 points or so while other teams are in the 30s - 40s in offensive output against lesser competition.

I hope those days are over

Per x.com " the Minnesota Golden Gophers are the first team in the history of the Big Ten Conference to be in 18th place "

Per x.com " the Minnesota Golden Gophers are the first team in the history of the Big Ten Conference to be in 18th place "
I had forgotten their QB went to Rutgers. That seemed like an odd move at the time (I am sure NIL-motivated), but he did avoid the ignominy of being on the 18th place team.

I thought Co was outplayed by NDSU. But, as I predicted above, in the end, CO's skill players were just too talented to be contained. Sanders is a Top 10 Draft pick. Maybe #1. He has a special sense of when and where to throw. But again, NDSU was the better team and came up a missed targeting and 4 yards short of pulling a huge upset.

They better score 40 if they think they will beat Nebbie with that defense......

I thought Co was outplayed by NDSU. But, as I predicted above, in the end, CO's skill players were just too talented to be contained. Sanders is a Top 10 Draft pick. Maybe #1. He has a special sense of when and where to throw. But again, NDSU was the better team and came up a missed targeting and 4 yards short of pulling a huge upset.

They better score 40 if they think they will beat Nebbie with that defense......

Are we all going to get together and cheer for Nebraska next week?!? I am in, Rhule seems like a good dude.

I don't mind Deion, I think he has a great football mind and seems to preach a lot of important lessons to his team. But he does make himself easy to root against with some of his self-promoting antics and the shoddy way he has treated some of his former players. I was going to hold the seeking Saudi money for NIL thing against him, but now that sounds like it might have been mostly on his former assistant and was never followed through.

Senior NDSU QB Cam Miller 18/22 1 TD 350 yds Total Offense.
Birthplace Solon Iowa
Has been better than any Iowa QB for past three years. Too bad we can’t recruit similar talent at Iowa.
Miller flat out balled last night. My only issue was i thought they went a little too run heavy in the second half and should have thrown a bit more. That said, I'm not saying Sanders isn't a first round pick, but is he really that good or do Horn Jr. and Hunter make him look great? Those two are absolute studs, but with the amount of hurry's Sanders faced will be interesting to see what kind of time he has to throw as the season progresses and whether or not he can stay on the field.

Miller flat out balled last night. My only issue was i thought they went a little too run heavy in the second half and should have thrown a bit more. That said, I'm not saying Sanders isn't a first round pick, but is he really that good or do Horn Jr. and Hunter make him look great? Those two are absolute studs, but with the amount of hurry's Sanders faced will be interesting to see what kind of time he has to throw as the season progresses and whether or not he can stay on the field.
I thought Sanders was very raw last year: couldn't find secondary receivers, held onto the ball WAY too long, etc. Last night was a different story: threw every type of ball -- short, medium, long, short touch passes, sideline-to-sideline, under pressure -- just a stunning display of accuracy and touch. He's the real deal. He got hit WHILE THROWING 3 times and somehow each pass got to its intended target -- I don't think I've ever seen that. Special.
If they stay healthy, I fully expect both he and Hunter to go Top 5 in NFL draft.

Are we all going to get together and cheer for Nebraska next week?!? I am in, Rhule seems like a good dude.

I don't mind Deion, I think he has a great football mind and seems to preach a lot of important lessons to his team. But he does make himself easy to root against with some of his self-promoting antics and the shoddy way he has treated some of his former players. I was going to hold the seeking Saudi money for NIL thing against him, but now that sounds like it might have been mostly on his former assistant and was never followed through.
I think he is an all time great football player. I also think any semblance of a "football mind" beyond how to play WR and DB at a high level is utter mush. He's an all time bad leader and coach. Like Urban Meyer if Urban Meyer were bad at winning football games and dialed the asshole meter up from a 6 to a 9.75. Dude is the second coming of Scott Frost with a prima donna attitude and late stage CTE.

I thought Sanders was very raw last year: couldn't find secondary receivers, held onto the ball WAY too long, etc. Last night was a different story: threw every type of ball -- short, medium, long, short touch passes, sideline-to-sideline, under pressure -- just a stunning display of accuracy and touch. He's the real deal. He got hit WHILE THROWING 3 times and somehow each pass got to its intended target -- I don't think I've ever seen that. Special.
If they stay healthy, I fully expect both he and Hunter to go Top 5 in NFL draft.
NDSU was getting pressure with four the entire night. Shame their defensive secondary is bad and the refs were allergic to calling flagrant OPI. Multiple insane push offs and DBs getting shoved to the ground. I get that they were allowing hand fighting down the length of the field, and I think they were fair there. But some of the finishing moves were just impossible to miss. Refs had an awful night all around--really questionable clock shenanigans on that ending NDSU drive as well.

But Sanders playing that well while getting blown up with the most porous offensive line I have seen outside of the last two years in Iowa City was all the more impressive. Talk about a QB elevating a shit sandwich of a football team.

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

Nebraska could be playing Satan's Devils and I would be wearing Team Satan colors.

Ironically, I agree with you that I like Rhule. I don't like Prime. At all. So, if Nebraska wins I won't be totally unhappy. But, I can't root for Nebbie on principle.

Latest posts