Thunder and.... thunder?

Boats and Hoes may be the greatest movie moment in the history of motion picture.

"I said the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, (something something something) while were drinkin' Sangria!" Just watched it this weekend again for like the 6th time. I could watch that forever and never get tired.

"Hey Derrick, schpracken zhi Dick!"

We have been more than willing to use the FB as an offensive weapon when we have the personell to do it.

The last time the FB was used to any degree was in 2003 with Cervantes, and only then he averaged under 3 carries a game and less than 2 catches a game. Since then, the FB has averaged around 4 carries and 5 catches per year. Maybe this is another example of Ferentz's predictability/stubbornness/whateverness, but the FB is not a weapon in Iowa's offense. It seems that either Iowa hasn't had the personnel to use the FB as an offensive threat or they have no interest in doing so. Either way, it's one less person the defense has to worry about. Maybe Rogers will be used more next year.

I don't think he's part of the Thunder. Isn't he smaller and faster? Maybe like a microburst or something.

He's smaller and should be faster (he was a track athlete in HS). I wanna say he's listed at 5-9 215, which is significantly shorter than others but his weight isn't much different. His musculature is really impressive too, so I could see us basically beating the life out of LBs and DBs with Coe and Coker and then using Johnson as the home run threat, as they're expecting a bigger guy to run them over and then get run past by a smaller back.

The last time the FB was used to any degree was in 2003 with Cervantes, and only then he averaged under 3 carries a game and less than 2 catches a game. Since then, the FB has averaged around 4 carries and 5 catches per year. Maybe this is another example of Ferentz's predictability/stubbornness/whateverness, but the FB is not a weapon in Iowa's offense. It seems that either Iowa hasn't had the personnel to use the FB as an offensive threat or they have no interest in doing so. Either way, it's one less person the defense has to worry about. Maybe Rogers will be used more next year.

Well it's easier for a FB to get into a lead block because he has a running head start and is going toward the whole, hopefully picking up a LB and kicking him out to open a hole. If you put in another TE then he has to line up on the other side and really is jsut a back side blocker. The FB may not be a "weapon" as you call it but he can be a massive weapon for a weapon (the RB).

Aside from silly optimism ... I'm going to keep my VERY measured expectations when it comes to Coe. I don't think that it's fair to heap undue expectation on him. I AM excited to see him develop and improve BOTH on and off the field ....

Latest posts