Thumbs Up/Down Question

MelroseHawkins

Why is it that if a post already has a thumbs down recorded by a previous user, one isn't allowed to give the post a thumbs up? It seems whoever assigns 1st is story that post will take, either up or down. It won't take both.

Yeah!?! And also why did some jerk make a fake profile and thumbs down all my old posts (all the way back to September!!)? Threw my ratio out of whack (from 23 thumb downs to 160!).

It hurts peoples self esteem, you know.

Yeah!?! And also why did some jerk make a fake profile and thumbs down all my old posts (all the way back to September!!)? Threw my ratio out of whack (from 23 thumb downs to 160!).

It hurts peoples self esteem, you know.

There you go...I just gave you a thumbs up! Hope you will keep a positive attitude!

This is pretty odd. I made a post about Biels doing the horns down sign. It got 9 thumbs up and 6 thumbs down, but all that can be seen by others is -6. Shouldn't it say +3?

Also, is there some way that people like Mysteron and jercure can be limited in the number of thumbs down they can give in a day? Each have gone though my posts and thumbed down my last 40-50 posts in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, I know, Jon. It's "weak" of me to complain. But the thumbs kind of indicates a certain level of respect for one's posting. Picking up a quick 100 thumbs down leads folks to believe I'm posting garbage and insults.

Is there a way each individual could opt out of the thumbs up/down if they choose?

Also, is there some way that people like Mysteron and jercure can be limited in the number of thumbs down they can give in a day? Each have gone though my posts and thumbed down my last 40-50 posts in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, I know, Jon. It's "weak" of me to complain. But the thumbs kind of indicates a certain level of respect for one's posting. Picking up a quick 100 thumbs down leads folks to believe I'm posting garbage and insults.

Is there a way each individual could opt out of the thumbs up/down if they choose?

I think of it more as a badge of honor from mysteron. That's some guy in his mom's basement with nothing better to do than go through and give hundreds of thumbs down to people on the board. Imagine how butthurt that loser had to be.

people who do that stuff usually self destruct on forums.....they get banned.....eventually.

It is a quick and usually accurate way to gauge someone's posting habits.

Latest posts