Thug U?

I'm sure Fred has something to do with it, but you should put some of the blame on the athletic director at Iowa State. Anyway, I think Iowa State basketball is starting to fall apart on its own.

Here's the guy, Dominez Burnett, that visited this past weekend. The picture that is in the first tweet is him, Monte and Jameel.

[tweet]589646797200433152[/tweet]
[tweet]589805978624925696[/tweet]

He's a standout on the basketball court, but Tuesday Dominez Burnett was in court.
The 18-year-old Northwestern High School senior who transferred from Hamady this school year has been charged with two counts of armed robbery, carrying a concealed weapon and felony firearm.

Here's the guy, Dominez Burnett, that visited this past weekend. The picture that is in the first tweet is him, Monte and Jameel.

[tweet]589646797200433152[/tweet]
[tweet]589805978624925696[/tweet]
Hoiberg isn't seriously recruiting that kid, is he? 2 counts of armed robbery and carrying a concealed weapon? No way.

Edit: It looks like the charges were from 2010 and he has kept his nose clean ever since. I have no problem with giving him a chance. We all know the cops will do every thing in their power to keep him off of the scanners in Ames.

Last edited:
Way to many people preoccupied with Moo U. What is it with this anal fixation about Silo Tech? As far as I'm concerned Fred can have a whole team made up of inmates from Fort Madison.

Way to many people preoccupied with Moo U. What is it with this anal fixation about Silo Tech? As far as I'm concerned Fred can have a whole team made up of inmates from Fort Madison.

Because it's easy and kind of fun. Like nailing the slutty girl in college.

I'm all for second chances, and this kid probably deserves one. But WTF are the Clowns doing recruiting this kid? He played NAIA for *ucks sake. I mean talk about scrapping the bottom of the bottom of the barrel, that is what you are doing when you are recruiting NAIA transfers.

I'm all for second chances, and this kid probably deserves one. But WTF are the Clowns doing recruiting this kid? He played NAIA for *ucks sake. I mean talk about scrapping the bottom of the bottom of the barrel, that is what you are doing when you are recruiting NAIA transfers.

Well the only D-1 transfer they got this year didn't even average a point a game last year so this guy very well could be better than him.

Well the only D-1 transfer they got this year didn't even average a point a game last year so this guy very well could be better than him.

it is really hard to believe how incredibly bad ISU recruiting is right now. I mean I know the Big12 is a joke and all, but they have done well in that joke, have 4 straight NCAA appearances, and they can't get a HS kid to sign and stay for the life of them. Now they can't get transfers either, and the ones they get are bench warmers and NAIA players YIKES!

You're 100% right. And, for those that don't know, there is a difference between NAIA D-1 and D-2. This kid played D-2. That would be similar to playing at a top 4A HS in Iowa. Any ranked HS in the nation would kill the typical D-2 school. It's really pretty bad basketball.

It appears ISU new recruiting strategy is only going after friends and family of the program. Good news for them, they should have a team full of Royce White's offspring in about 16 years!

Hey, I'm no Iowa State fan, but there are a lot of talented players in the NAIA. Scottie Pippin was an NAIA player. Here's a 2005 list of NAIA players who made the NBA: http://www.naia.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205294408

If I recall, Fred said something about needing a "Sam Mack type player" after their early exit from the NCAAs. Looks like he may have found him

Latest posts