throwback game against ball st 1958 unis

But Nike didn't DESIGN our current uniforms or Penn State's or USC's or Alabama's or Michigan's or a bunch of other schools with great & traditional uniforms that they now MAKE.

Nike isn't DESIGNING the 1958 Throwbacks either, let's get serious- slow your roll. Once again, please refer to my previous post about OSU's throwbacks that were used for their game against Michigan. Maybe read and comprehend the entire thread before throwing up all over it? Just a suggestion...

The LAST thing we need to do is give Nike the freedom to design something off the wall (see TCU) for Iowa, but I am all in favor of a new school "combat" style jersey FOR ONE GAME if it is done in a traditional Iowa throwback.

Oh, and by the way... Michigan is now Adidas since RichRod signed on, and they've taken some liberties with that RichRod era jersey since the previous versions. Hate what they've done with these road jerseys!

Why are we "throwing back" to 1958 in 2010? Did we forget to do it in '08? Or is there something special about the 52nd anniversary that I'm missing?

Which is not to say that I don't like the '50s look as described and pictured. Nice way to commemorate Hawkeye history and have a change of pace -- perhaps once every other year. Other than that, I agree with not messing with the Tigerhawk/Steelersesque design.

Although ... I always thought it might be cool to go all-white for our road unis. I think that could look pretty slick with black and gold trim.

Glad you brought this up about the timing... I was curious myself- kind of a head scratcher. At least OSU did it on the 55th anniversary last year. Still, glad they're paying respects but seems like odd timing?

Oh, and by the way... Michigan is now Adidas since RichRod signed on, and they've taken some liberties with that RichRod era jersey since the previous versions. Hate what they've done with these road jerseys!

Indeed. Those UM road unis remind me of Iowa's dreaded "wings" back in the 90s. It's like seeing an old picture of yourself with a mullet.

I cant wait to see these, I was at the last throwback game in 2004 and have thought they should honor this team for a long long time now. They look great in the picture, I cant wait to see them in person.

But Nike didn't DESIGN our current uniforms or Penn State's or USC's or Alabama's or Michigan's or a bunch of other schools with great & traditional uniforms that they now MAKE.

I seriously doubt that those designs they used this year will stick. Only Oregon's would stay that way, and that's because nobody would know the difference. Texas' didn't change much (just added the logo on the collar and numbers to the helmet), Miami's design would work. But VT, OSU, Florida.....those were gimmick designs. They wanted them to stand out because they were unveiling the MATERIAL. The schools can ask Nike to make the normal designs with the Combat material, which I suspect many will do.

I seriously doubt that those designs they used this year will stick. Only Oregon's would stay that way, and that's because nobody would know the difference. Texas' didn't change much (just added the logo on the collar and numbers to the helmet), Miami's design would work. But VT, OSU, Florida.....those were gimmick designs. They wanted them to stand out because they were unveiling the MATERIAL. The schools can ask Nike to make the normal designs with the Combat material, which I suspect many will do.

None of these designs will stick- it's just a marketing tactic to draw attention to the pro combat jerseys at this time.

I agree though... probably more and more schools will incorporate these to their "standard" uniforms eventually. Question your thought on Miami's design being OK and calling VT's a gimmick... they're virtually the same with different colors and fonts.

None of these designs will stick- it's just a marketing tactic to draw attention to the pro combat jerseys at this time.

I agree though... probably more and more schools will incorporate these to their "standard" uniforms eventually. Question your thought on Miami's design being OK and calling VT's a gimmick... they're virtually the same with different colors and fonts.

I realize that they're essentially the same. My point was that that kind of design is more Miami's style than it is Virginia Tech's. It's not quite so large of a leap from the usual uniform for Miami, therefore I felt like it worked okay for them.

I realize that they're essentially the same. My point was that that kind of design is more Miami's style than it is Virginia Tech's. It's not quite so large of a leap from the usual uniform for Miami, therefore I felt like it worked okay for them.

Well defended, good point about Miami- still hate 'em :)

NO!!!!!!!!! Those uni's look like girls' softball uniforms. Don't mess with what they have. I am fine with a throwback uni now and then but leave our regular uni's alone.

Yeah but the Mizzou uni has a "Beast Mode"

I like our unis too. Get some black socks and black shoes to go with the traditional unis and it'd be perfect.

Latest posts