Thrilled to be in the Rose Bowl -- did some early recon on Stanford fans

STLhawkeye20

In the hours after the Rose Bowl announced the matchup would be Iowa vs. Stanford on New Years Day, I have:

1) planned my trip to Pasadena, booked hotels and plane tickets, and made calls about game tickets; AND
2) read some of the murmurings on the Stanford football forums across the Inter webz

Stanford fans seem pretty disappointed that it's Iowa and not OSU. They think they're "deserving of a national spotlight game" and playing Iowa won't give them enough attention. They claim OSU should be in the Rose since OSU played a tougher schedule. They're already saying they'll "kill" Iowa easily, naturally.

That's fine. More tickets for Hawkeye fans.

I don't think they realize what kind of swarm--fans and team--they're in for. I remember Ga Tech fans reacting similarly when the Orange Bowl announced it would be Iowa over PSU.

Last edited:
I've heard that from every fanbase the entire season. "Iowa sucks and we are the team that is going to expose them for the frauds they are."

Well 13 teams have tried and it hasn't happened yet. So step up and take your best shot, ya bunch o west coast nancys.

Are we really sposed to take this team seriously?
stanford-mascot.jpg

Can someone make sure the Stanford players get their morning nap? I would hate for them to use that as an excuse.

In the hours after the Rose Bowl announced the matchup would be Iowa vs. Stanford on New Years Day, I have:

1) planned my trip to Pasadena, booked hotels and plane tickets, and made calls about game tickets; AND
2) read some of the murmurings on the Stanford football forums across the Inter webz

Stanford fans seem pretty disappointed that it's Iowa and not OSU. They think they're "deserving of a national spotlight game" and playing Iowa won't give them enough attention. They claim OSU should be in the Rose since OSU played a tougher schedule. They're already saying they'll "kill" Iowa easily, naturally.

I don't think they realize what kind of swarm--fans and team--they're in for. I remember Ga Tech fans reacting similarly when the Orange Bowl announced it would be Iowa over PSU.

Now I wonder how they ever developed that mindset. Thanks Herbstreit, Feinbaum, all of you flippin' "expert analysts".

Notre Dame held him in check

He's certainly not infallible. But he's without question the best player Iowa will face this year. He should (but won't) win the Heisman. McCaffrey against an Iowa defense that just showed the entire country how elite it is, is the reason I believe (and based on how he talked, I think Herbstreit also believes) the Rose Bowl is arguably the best matchup of the bowl season.

Pretty funny since they couldn't even score a touchdown on Northwestern. WE scored 40 with 1/2 our team hurt. Also pulled starters with most of the 4th qtr. left.
Pac 12 is similar to Big 12. Basically a 7 on 7 league playing no defense. How many points did Stanford score on USC the week after getting embarrassed at Northwestern. USC sucks too.

Latest posts