Three white players kneeled

why? not 1 player or coach said anything negative. In fact every player on the team said they are respectful for other players opinions and they will not judge anyone. To bad the public cant have the same views.

Something still feels off with the program. Racial tension may not be a good way to describe it, but there's something. lol, it feels like a reversal where every white person in the program is walking on eggshells. I understand the argument that KF should be allowed to fix it, but a part of me feels like it is too late.

Moved to Open Discussion. Don’t start these threads in the other forums.

Last edited:
I can't believe only three white players kneeled. Absolutely pathetic.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

MLKing. 1963. There’s a lot more that King dreamed; his dreams except the one above have come true. You are the proof.

You should read it.

Players who want to kneel have the right to do so. Players who want to stand for the flag and national anthem have the same right. Why can’t folks just respect others choices
Something still feels off with the program. Racial tension may not be a good way to describe it, but there's something. lol, it feels like a reversal where every white person in the program is walking on eggshells. I understand the argument that KF should be allowed to fix it, but a part of me feels like it is too late.
agree, now folks are putting a number on how many white players must kneel or it’s absolutely pathetic.

If you think that black recruits don't see a majority of the white players standing during the anthem as being close minded and bigoted then you are in for a rude awakening.

If I'm a black athlete and I see the team getting the choice to kneel or not and only see 3 white players choosing to kneel I am staying as far away from that program as possible.

You won’t get a direct answer which means you know the answer.

No. They have every right to stand during the anthem. They also deserve all of the criticism and ramifications that follow.

Iowa is already a tough sell to recruits. Most people outside of Iowa don't even know where the state of Iowa is. It's going to be an even tougher sell after seeing the majority of white players on the team refusing to join a movement focused on racial injustices.

You won’t get a direct answer which means you know the answer.

No. They have every right to stand during the anthem. They also deserve all of the criticism and ramifications that follow.
It’s America and a Freedom and you’re a moron

LMAO Really! My take is simple than you WestCoast are a huge part of the problems in this country.
If you think that black recruits don't see a majority of the white players standing during the anthem as being close minded and bigoted then you are in for a rude awakening.

If I'm a black athlete and I see the team getting the choice to kneel or not and only see 3 white players choosing to kneel I am staying as far away from that program as possible.

LMAO Really! My take is simple than you WestCoast are a huge part of the problems in this country.

The issues with this country are the industrial military complex, croney capitalism, wealth disparity, poor education and overt racism.

These are not opinions. There is plenty of empirical data backing this up.

The issues with this country are the industrial military complex, croney capitalism, wealth disparity, poor education and overt racism.

These are not opinions. There is plenty of empirical data backing this up.

I wouldn't mid seeing some links to some of these items. FWIW, I agree wit some (not all) of this. I just want to see you not be able to link to anything factual (or empirical) on a couple of these items.

Croney is actually crony in the context you attempting to use.

Actually, what would be interesting is your definitions of some of these sound bites.

And you never really answered my questions regarding your view on civil liberties. Do they apply to everyone, or only to those that you happen to agree with?

And you never really answered my questions regarding your view on civil liberties. Do they apply to everyone, or only to those that you happen to agree with?

History has answered this question. Leftism is inherently a violent ideology and those who are non-compliant must suffer adverse consequences. Have you read Gulag Archipelago? Or anything on Mao? Collectivism is such a great idea that East Germany had to build a wall to keep its subjects in. And North Korea has snipers at the edge of the DMZ to shoot any defectors. Optimus Prime said it best when he said "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." You could learn a lot from watching cartoons back in the '80's before they got filled with ideologically subversive messages.

Have you read Gulag Archipelago?
Is that a decent read and worth the time? Serious question. I've eyeballed that book for a long time, but it's really expensive to buy all three volumes vs. the abridged version on Amazon. I'm not into abridged anything. If it's worth the $60 to get the three volume set I'll do it, but I want to feel like it's worth the cash. I say that but I just spent $25 on a Hawkeye-themed country LP sold 40 years ago in NAPA stores, so take that for what it's worth...

Even though I despise debating politics and sociology, I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading and most of my recreational reading either falls in that camp or history.

Last edited:

Latest posts