Three Reasons Beathard must be named starter for 2015

Yes, we all know we need some guys like Vandeburg and he is not horrible player but when he moves way up the depth chart over other talented playmakers that means we have serious evaluation issues. When your program is riddled with this you end up underachieving and recruiting becomes impossible because you get a rep for not playing/wanting talented guys. It is a vicious cycle and you can see it with our results on and off the field. The only blessing is we play in a down league and a down division or this would have been another 3-4 win team this year.

Agreed. With all the recruiting obstacles Iowa faces we need a couple "good stories" every year. However, recently we've had "good stories" all over our two-deep.

Having said that, why isn't Iowa more active recruiting JUCO players? I understand the risks involved with JUCO recruiting, but given how difficult it is for this staff to recruit WRs, RBs, DBs, etc. you'd think we'd have a more open mind here. For example, last year would've made a lot of sense to bring in a couple JUCO LBs to soften the blow of loosing Morris, Kirksey, and Hitchens. Instead we relied on walk-ons like Perry and Bower and UNI decommit Josey Jewell.

Let me end all the speculation, agony and angst for you...

JR will be the starter until he graduates. CJ isn't going anywhere because he just isn't as good as some of your imaginations have led you to believe he is. He will get his turn as a Senior and will hopefully have developed into a consistent performer by then.

JR will be the starter until he graduates. CJ isn't going anywhere because he just isn't as good as some of your imaginations have led you to believe he is. He will get his turn as a Senior and will hopefully have developed into a consistent performer by then.

Wrong. CJ will be a starter somewhere else next year, Rudock will still be starting here, and doing the same crap he's done for the last 2 years, and the offense will suck as usual. There's maybe a handful of the blind like you that still cling onto the notion that Checkdown is a better qb than CJ.

Wrong. CJ will be a starter somewhere else next year, Rudock will still be starting here, and doing the same crap he's done for the last 2 years, and the offense will suck as usual. There's maybe a handful of the blind like you that still cling onto the notion that Checkdown is a better qb than CJ.

Uh... no... nowhere did I simply tell you what I thought... I told you how it is. I'm not clinging to anything but reality. CJ isn't going anywhere. He's smarter than most of the posters on this forum. The best future for him is at Iowa. Write that down so you can thank me later.

King only ever got beat by receivers that are likely going to be drafted in the first or second round (Diggs and Boyd). I'm not worried about him at all. This is still the same guy who shut down Odell Beckham (LSU's QB play wasn't good, but Beckham wasn't getting open, either).
He got smoked in the Indiana game and several others. He had a crappy year, period.

I just don't think that stealing oline scholarships would be showing up yet. I don't think the players we didn't have room for would be anywhere near ready to contribute considering they were obviously the second choice over the guys we did sign. I do agree that it's pretty dumb that the wide recievers we brought in don't even see the field though.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention.

Interesting to read my take 9 months later. I think the D and Oline are a little better than I expected so far. But we will see what B1G play exposes on those fronts.

Many ITT didnt think Kirk would have the stones to go CJB. So we gotta give Kirk some credit.

Interesting to read my take 9 months later. I think the D and Oline are a little better than I expected so far. But we will see what B1G play exposes on those fronts.

Many ITT didnt think Kirk would have the stones to go CJB. So we gotta give Kirk some credit.

I also see there was a lot of Matt Vandeberg bashing in this thread. I thought Vandy made some good catches against wisky in the 2nd half last year and also in the bowl game. Sometimes great hands and great route running make up for not being super fast.

Vandy has caugth everything this year and just made a great back shoulder adjustment catch against wisky.

But I would still like to have willies on this team.