Thoughts on the game tomorrow

I don’t think Iowa can get a #1. Illinois will still have a better resume even with a loss. The BTT title game will have no bearing on seeding, so even if Iowa wins it all it will be irrelevant. Iowa won’t jump Baylor as the committee won’t put 3 Big Ten teams as a 1 seed.

Iowa is a 2.....and that is fine.
I respect your opinion and you're probably right. My opinion is that the winner today SHOULD get the 1 and the loser a 2, especially if they win tomorrow.

Again, simply my $0.02 .. ..

Iowa must shoot better to beat Illinois. Illinois was 5 for 17 from 3 on Friday, 29.4% and Iowa was 10% from three. For the game Iowa shot 45%. and Illinois was over 50% against Rutgers. In looking at the stats for all the games on Friday the evening games had the lowest percentage of three point shooting. Wisconsin being the only outlier. Nobody over 30% from 3 but Wisconsin.

thats because arena's with new concrete rims suck for basketball but they love to use them.

I don’t think Iowa can get a #1. Illinois will still have a better resume even with a loss. The BTT title game will have no bearing on seeding, so even if Iowa wins it all it will be irrelevant. Iowa won’t jump Baylor as the committee won’t put 3 Big Ten teams as a 1 seed.

Iowa is a 2.....and that is fine.
If Iowa wins out, they will have the same amount of losses as Illinois with two more wins. We would have the better resume.

They always say the Big 10 championship doesn't affect seeding often because it's so late in the day that there isn't much time to switch stuff around. But in this situation it's just a matter of switching two teams around. They could easily make the decision in advance that Illinois is the 1 if Iowa loses to Michigan and Iowa is the 1 if they win.

I'll believe Fran somehow sucks at coaching in a Big 10 tournament about the same time I believe Steve Alford was good at it. It's all random.

Stop the transition baskets...period. Illinois is much less effective if they can't score in transition. Fraizer is the Iowa killer. He always plays well against us for some reason.

Here's the thing...Ayo and Fraizer attacked Jordan off the dribble every time in the last game...and they scored a ton. I think Jordan is better...but I also think our help defense is much better.

I agree with alot of posters here...our defense is better, we won't shoot as poorly as we did the first time and last night...and we have Frederick back. All advantages for Iowa.

The pluses for Illinois...Cubelo is playing really really well. He allows Ayo to play without the ball and get the ball in positions where the defense is typically moving or adjusting...that's a huge advantage for Ayo.

We have to shoot the ball well to beat this team. Otherwise...we are fighting an uphill battle all night. They have two bigs that are just ridiculously physical...much, much more than Wisconsin.

Obviously we have to shoot the 3 better. I think we will because it will be more of a transition game and we should get better shots than we did against Wisconsin. Clearly Illinois is more athletic and overall talented than we are but I think we have a chance if we can shoot 35% or better from 3
One thing we have to do better is shoot Free Throws! What happened to Wieskamp and Conner from the line? In big games at crunch time you have to make them!
Last time we went to the final 4 we were 16-16 from the line and got by a very good Georgetown team to get to the final 4 They were more athletic and talented than we were also!

Just gotta soak it in and enjoy every last minute we get to see this Hawk team play. FOUR OF THE TOP NINE TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY will be in a winner takes all finals of the BT Tourney and the HAWKS are one of them!

Then we FINALLY have a legit opportunity to make some more Hawkeye history in the NCAA Tourney. It's been so long coming I forgot what it feels like.

All I ask is for them to play well and then let the chips fall where they may. If they do that they may still lose today, but there is no way they will lose short of the sweet sixteen or better. And it will have been a very fun ride!

Illinois is on fire and very athletic. I will be shocked if we win this game. But if we do, I expect we will be tourney Champs.

That was a gritty win last night that any other Hawk team would have folded .

The NCAA Tournament Final Four

Might not be as talent-laden as the BTT Final Four

Three of the top five teams in college basketball, and Ohio State us ranked 8/9

The Hawks want another go at Michigan

Garza wants another few rounds with Dickinson

We had any chance of winning at Illinois stolen away

By the zebras

Bo Boroski was drooling over the video replay

To check if there was goal tending on a shot that
was immediately tipped in for a basket

JoeW is still pissed about that one

It's a battle of wills. Our length against their athleticism. I see Iowa shooting lights out. Murr-dog will continue to be the catalyst to propel Iowa to the W. I even see Pmac doing well today.

I respect your opinion and you're probably right. My opinion is that the winner today SHOULD get the 1 and the loser a 2, especially if they win tomorrow.

Again, simply my $0.02 .. ..
I think Illinois should get a 1 win or lose. But I think if Iowa beats IL and MI the Wolverines should be a 2...split with Iowa and blown out by Illinois.

Latest posts