Thoughts on Fran

skinnykilmer17

Unfortunately I feel he would have to recruit Kentucky like talent in order to get us to a Sweet Sixteen.
(Forget about a BIG title).

Why you ask? Because he just simply can't coach a game to save his life. How he continously sits and stupidly stares or turns red-faced while the opponent goes on these massive runs is beyond perplexing. He has said in the past he likes to let his players play through it but I suspect he is at a loss as to what to do.

And of course he will never get Kentucky talent. He can't even recruit a PG.

It is difficult to watch many of these games and think Fran is even an average in-game coach. But, we're screwed. If we fire him, we lose both of his sons, Weiskamp, and probably Cook, and we head back to Lick ball for at least two more years. We're just screwed.

Like many, I've been a pretty big Fran guy, but am seeing things this year that really concern me.

Lack of pg recruiting obviously, but lack of in-game adjustments.. Yikes. Starting to think we've seen the best we're going to see under his leadership.

People say "rebuilding year" but that was supposed to be last year, after losing a big senior class from two years ago. I expected improvement this year but we're seeing regression instead.

Love Fran. I really do. He has more heart and enthusiasm in his left pinkie than Kirk Ferentz has in his entire body.

But he’s not getting it done. As much as I hate it, you have to look at the results. If he doesn’t make the dance next year it will be three in a row and I don’t know if you can stick with it much longer.

I've really like Fran since he's been here. That said, watching this team, so far, this year...i'm wavering. This is bad basketball at both ends.

I agree with this but the last few games have turned Me to the fire side. There are too many things that show me he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 2 foul rule, refusal to call a time out to break momentum, constantly playing guys who are throwing the ball away every possession, having the smallest guy on the court throw the ball in under the hoop, recruiting fails, defense....all add up to needing a new head.

I said it in the recruiting thread; this would be a great Sienna team. They would be a NCAA team.

But not in the B1G. We lack speed and quickness. We lack defense. Which is a byproduct of speed and quickness.

Its not going to be fun this year. We lose to SDSU, who just lost to Missouri ST. by 20.

We will be lucky to make the NIT.

The consistent offensive droughts and defensive streaks is all on coaching. Just bad in game coaching and bad game management. Does Fran get bonuses for TOs in his pocket?

And no want to by players. Another blow out.
Ridiculous all the way around.

I said it in the recruiting thread; this would be a great Sienna team. They would be a NCAA team.

But not in the B1G. We lack speed and quickness. We lack defense. Which is a byproduct of speed and quickness.

Its not going to be fun this year. We lose to SDSU, who just lost to Missouri ST. by 20.

We will be lucky to make the NIT.
Not even a +1 .500% gets teams in the NIT.

This team is not close now to even being a .500% team.

The consistent offensive droughts and defensive streaks is all on coaching. Just bad in game coaching and bad game management. Does Fran get bonuses for TOs in his pocket?

And no want to by players. Another blow out.
Ridiculous all the way around.

They don’t respond to him. That’s evident

It is difficult to watch many of these games and think Fran is even an average in-game coach. But, we're screwed. If we fire him, we lose both of his sons, Weiskamp, and probably Cook, and we head back to Lick ball for at least two more years. We're just screwed.
What's the downside? We aren't going to win with them, so if thou lose them who cares? Right now this team might not win a Big Ten game.

They don’t respond to him. That’s evident
Doesn’t appear so. Second half starting lineup responded to minutes.

Maybe because he abandons them on the floor instead of trying to stop opponents’ runs with timeouts, defense changes, lineup changes, or set plays to at least get to the foul line. ???

Latest posts