Thoughts, Observations on Iowa's '24 Class

Solid overall class, and a typical class for Iowa - a lot of guys that project well with some potential really high ceilings.

There are few that are really intriguing. We've never had a QB with Resar's skill-set. The question is, will we figure out how to tap into it?

Brevin Doll is interesting. I think he's an underrated athlete with big potential.

Will Nolan reminds a lot of Davidkov on tape. It's obviously way early, but he's got a nice frame and really good movement skills. Hopefully, he avoids the injury bug.

I like that Iowa bounced back in state after losing some guys they wanted to ISU in the last cycle.

Campbell and staff are competition unlike Rhoads.

A lot of these guys have been wrapped up for quite awhile I kinda need this as a refresher to who all is locked in. Besides the punter most recently committing I don't think we've had any late curveballs thrown at us one way or the other. If so I haven't heard of any yet.

Scholarship crunch

Need to see what the sixth-year guys do and if there are any departures to the portal after the Citrus Bowl

Definitely could see some activity next month

Scholarship crunch

Need to see what the sixth-year guys do and if there are any departures to the portal after the Citrus Bowl

Definitely could see some activity next month
What's there like 10 guys or so that have decisions to make? Nobody can blame them for taking their time deciding yet it has the coaches in a tough spot. Their hands are pretty tied with any action with the portal. Add in KF dragging his feet with hiring the new OC and that would make recruiting for portal guys problematic. It's just a weird time of hurry up and wait pretty much

We talked to Higgins, Castro and DeJean on Monday. They weren't ready to say anything publicly.

I asked Sebastian what he's heard from the NFL Draft advisory crew. They told him he's a late-round pick but could improve his stock by coming back. I have a feeling he will based on that.

I think Nick Jackson is considering an NCAA appeal for the season that was cut short at UVA because of the campus shooting.

Schulte, Harris, Fisher, Lachey and All have decisions to make. Not sure about Feth and Parker.

Latest posts