Thought on next week's ISU game???

travismullen

How is everyone feeling about next week's game against ISU, at Kinnick?

Despite today's performance, I'm not standing on the edge of the cliff pondering a jump. Today we saw a team without the experience of teams of the past few years, opening the season away from home against a team that came into the game with some ability and confidence.

JVB will play better next week and the staff will iron out a lot of things this week. Bullock will enter next week's game with a game under his belt and a little more confidence.

Jantz has not played in Kinnick before, and like I have said before, with a 2:30 start, Iowa fans are going to be ready to rain it down on ISU.

My prediction:

close game: Iowa 23, ISU 20
Iowa really shows up: Iowa 34, ISU 21

Remember a 2009 Iowa team that took 2 blocked FGs to win by one point against an FCS team only to rally for 11-2 record and Orange Bowl win. ISU fans were drooling because Iowa looked awful. Got blasted in Ames.

Iowa State squeezed by UNI last season, Jantz killed Iowa.

Moral of the story, never judge this game by the first game.

Last edited:
Remember a 2009 Iowa team that took 2 blocked FGs to win by one point against an FCS team only to rally for 11-2 record and Orange Bowl win. ISU fans were drooling because Iowa looked awful. Got blasted in Ames.

Iowa State squeezed by UNI last season, Jantz killed Iowa.

Moral of the story, never judge this game by the first game.

This is the right answer. Except for the last line. But we know what he meant.

Cant judge next weeks game by what happened against NIU for several reasons:

1. This is KFs youngest team ever at Iowa and young teams make their biggest leap between week 1 and week 2.

2. JVB plays better at Kinnick.

3. Young teams always play better at home.

4. First game with new o and d coordinators, not to mention all the position coach changes. Lots of things will get cleaned up and corrected.

Cant judge next weeks game by what happened against NIU for several reasons:

1. This is KFs youngest team ever at Iowa and young teams make their biggest leap between week 1 and week 2.

2. JVB plays better at Kinnick.

3. Young teams always play better at home.

4. First game with new o and d coordinators, not to mention all the position coach changes. Lots of things will get cleaned up and corrected.

You are spot on, as far as I'm concerned. The teams are mostly even, but Kinnick is the difference.

Latest posts